Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: UN Human Rights Council agreed to "Condemn ‘Israeli violations’ in Lebanon".....

Quote Originally Posted by Trekari
    I don't hate Israel, and if that fact ever gets through your skull, I'll eat my own poop.

You don't understand that the term 'all' is inclusive and that's fine. It's nothing to be ashamed of. You worry that 'all' may not reference Hezbollah and I'm here to reassure you that the meaning of the word quite clearly does include Hezbollah as well as any other party involved in the conflict.

You can relax now Dutch and find something else to complain about. Everything's O.K. here.
    Naw.. you don't HATE Israel. You merely share the opinion of Iran, Syria, Hamas and Hezbollah that Israel should not exist. They surely do not hate Israel either...

Quote Originally Posted by Trekari
    "As long as we support Isreal (which shouldn't even exist)
    I'm sure when Jews read statements like this they get that "warm fuzzy" feeling inside.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Re: UN Human Rights Council agreed to "Condemn ‘Israeli violations’ in Lebanon".....

^^^ Its not just Trekari. There's a pervasive dislike for Israel and Jews that goes way beyond their neighbors and is something I just never could understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar
    ^^^ Its not just Trekari. There's a pervasive dislike for Israel and Jews that goes way beyond their neighbors and is something I just never could understand.
    I agree.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar
    Perhaps because they killed Jesus?

I know hahaha....but lemme ask you this. For what other reason (other than say oil) is this country so committed to keeping Israel afloat in the middle east? If they didn't have our help they'd be sunk by now for sure.

Let's face it.....we support Israel because we are a Christian country (glowing overgeneralization I know), and the Jews need to be in their proper place when Jesus comes back so they CAN ALL DIE the way they are supposed to iin revelations.

I personally don't subscribe to any of this ••••••••, but frankly its the only thing I can see that makes any sense....at least in terms of the folks who are so die-hard about keeping Israel around and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24
    Perhaps because they killed Jesus?

I know hahaha....but lemme ask you this. For what other reason (other than say oil) is this country so committed to keeping Israel afloat in the middle east? If they didn't have our help they'd be sunk by now for sure.

Let's face it.....we support Israel because we are a Christian country (glowing overgeneralization I know), and the Jews need to be in their proper place when Jesus comes back so they CAN ALL DIE the way they are supposed to iin revelations.

I personally don't subscribe to any of this ••••••••, but frankly its the only thing I can see that makes any sense....at least in terms of the folks who are so die-hard about keeping Israel around and powerful.
    I guess I would ask what is so inherently wrong as some would suggest with supporting a friendly Democracy in the ME? I'm sure if many in the region were not hell bent on their destruction they would have much less need for a strong national defense. As it stands, they need their military to be strong to simply exist.

-The Gipper

Scooter, you and Dutch will never understand my views on Israel. I've explained it clearly enough to where you SHOULD be able to, but for some reason you both do not.

You liken me to Iran, Hezbollah, Syria, etc and doing so shows your ignorance.

They want Israel destroyed: I do not.
    They want Jews to die: I do not.
    They want the land back that was taken from them: I understand that desire and don't find it to be unreasonable, but the milk has already been spilled. It is too late to accomplish that sort of goal.
    They recognize that the United States blindly supports Israel in virtually all anti-arab actions they take: So do I.
    They recognize that we are quick to condemn attacks or actions against Israel, but slow to condemn Israel for similar behavior: So do I.

They think violence is the answer: I do not.

So take your name-calling and insults somewhere else, although doing that might leave you with nothing to post about.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter
    I guess I would ask what is so inherently wrong as some would suggest with supporting a friendly Democracy in the ME? I'm sure if many in the region were not hell bent on their destruction they would have much less need for a strong national defense. As it stands, they need their military to be strong to simply exist.
    There's nothing wrong with it, at least from our end. It just happens that we setup a Jewish state that happens to overlap both the Jewish and Muslim holy lands....I mean, did we expect the Muslims to just forsake their holy land?

The main problem is, and always will be, that the only democracies that exist in the middle east are democracies that WE have tried to impose or setup.

That's true. On the other hand, do you expect a country to just up and say "Okay, we're closing shop, brb?" Is it okay for Israels neighbors to just blow the crap out of them, then?

I mean, yes, Israel existance may not be popular, but it's not like we should just close the country down all of a sudden.

If the 'all' was supposed to include both sides, how come Israel is the only side I see spelled out in the whole thing? Shouldn't Israel be left out of the verbage also?