Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: CPU INIT ?? Cause??

Thanks for all the suggestions...

During the process of building or upgrading to new hardware we often assume the manufacturer has built a flawless piece of hard ware. This is not always so. I found that is especially true with this manufacturer and with this board as well.

I replaced memory, every component, in every combination and even changed the motherboard. I got the same message. I took the board into a friend's computer shop just because we like a challenge and this one had become a major pain in the ass to figure out.

Long story short, we found a slight crack in the BIOS chip. Once the chip was replaced the board worked beautifully!!! My friend's son noticed a finger print on one of the chips and it happened to be the BIOS chip. So it seems the board has an inherent issue with a lot of them.

I called a couple of computer shops in the Atlanta area that sold this same board and they said they got 2 or 3 out of 5 they sold back. A tech pulled a couple off the return shelf and checked the BIOS chips and found they most of them were cracked as well.

The manufacture denies any issue but will replace the board without any argument. The only problem is that there is no way of making sure that the board they replace it with doesn't have the same issue. They will be glad to send out the BIOS chip if you are a certified repair shop.

I hope this helps someone else out.

I allso get CPU INIT alltho i dont know if it has anything to do with my problem, the main problem is i get no signal to my monitor so i cant get in bios or nothing HOWEVER i do get power to everything and it all runs fine just no signal to monitor.

The problem I had was a cracked BIOS chip on the MB. During a close inspection under a magnifying glass I could actually see a thumb print on the chip where it looks like someone just pushed the chip in using their thumb! Once I got through customer service and talked with someone that could do something for me they shipped me the chips and I put them in myself. All is well with the the box now.

If you have the same board I have there are two monitor outputs on the board. If you are only using one it HAS to be in the correct position.

Facing the back of the board like you are plugging in the monitor cable it will be the connection on your left.

If you have a couple monitors available you may want to connect up a monitor to both connections.

It’s odd your computer boots up getting no signal to the monitor. If your monitor doesn’t send a signal back to your BIOS the boot up usually fails. It’s sort of like a keyboard error.

I am going out on a limb here but is your monitor settings turned down?

Not sure what you mean by that but i can tell you its the output from the computer not getting to the monitor, the monitor works fine on my old computer that im on now.

EDIT: Allso i can say is that ive tried using the MB monitor output, and ive allso tried both DVI ouput from my 9800GTX video card.
    Same problem each time.
    Last edited by zedah; 08-12-2008 at 04:54 AM.

For me I'd get this problem (non-start, with CPU INIT message) on and off for the last year or so. At first I could turn it off and on and it would start after a few tries. Lately its been getting worse, and today after 10 tries it still would not start.

Long story short for me the culprit _was_ the PSU. I happened to have another PSU in the house and tried it out and now the machine is working beautifully again.

Long story short: try another PSU. If it is the PSU then RMA it asap.

Have you checked the manufactors "listed supported memory" at MB website? I had to get a different memory before not sure what board it was I had when I had the problem but give that a whirl