Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Razer Diamondback mouse issues....

This is the best mouse I have ever used. But, for some reason whenever I boot up my computer the mouse does not work sometimes . It is easily fixed by unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in. It doesnt always do it but Id say about 25% of the time I have this problem. Ive rebuilt my system numerous times and tried it on different motherboards and I still have the same issue. I have the latest drivers installed. Tried it on windows SP1 and 2 and still have the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced this same issue or know of a fix?

E8400 Core 2 Duo @ 4.05ghz
    eVGA 750i SLI
    4g Mushkin DDR2 1066
    Western Digital 640gb SATA
    HIS HD 4890
    OCZ GameXStream 700w PSU
    Thermaltake Xaser (Blue)

Re: Razer Diamondback mouse issues....

When I was still using my Copperhead I was noticing this problem aswell. I never found a solution, just did what you did of reconnecting it.
    "You don't go to Hooters for the chicken wings - no matter what you might tell your wife - and you're not going to 300 for the plot nuances." - Richmond.com review of 300

Perhaps its the newest drivers that have the problem? Did you try rolling back to another version?

Yeah I thought maybe it was the newest drivers that had the problem but I used the ones on the cd that came with it as well as the latest and still have the same issue. Just dont understand how such a great mouse could have such an annoying little problem.

eVGA 750i SLI
    4g Mushkin DDR2 1066
    HIS HD 4890
    OCZ GameXStream 700w PSU
    Thermaltake Xaser (Blue)

Are you sure you mean Diamondback and not Copperhead? People were having problems like this with the copperhead (as Modena made clear, fyi a firmware update fixed that problem for a lot of people, get the latest firmware @ http://razerblueprints.net/index.php...d=25&Itemid=69 ). AMD-T64, test the mouse on other computers as well as see check out this forum which is dedicated to Diamondback discussion/help @ http://razerblueprints.net/index.php...=96&board=21.0

I have this problem at work when my diamondback is plugged into a usb hub, it does not happen to my other diamondback at home when it is plugged directly into the back of my motherboard, so I have to assume it does not play well with some usb devices such as hubs or the usb controllers on some motherboards, might want to plug it into a usb hub so its really easy to get to when you have to plug/unplug it . . .

ANTEC 900 Case | ANTEC True Power Quattro 1000w p/s | Intel Core i7 940 @ 2.93 Ghz | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 | 6 GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 @1600 | Gigabyte HD 4870X2 | Creative X-FI | Dell 24" Widescreen LCD | Windows 7 64 bit[/SIZE]

Thats a good idea, I might just do that. I have one laying around somewhere.

Ive even tried plugging it in different usb slots but it doesnt help, maybe the hub will.

eVGA 750i SLI
    4g Mushkin DDR2 1066
    HIS HD 4890
    OCZ GameXStream 700w PSU
    Thermaltake Xaser (Blue)

Quote Originally Posted by nytmare
    Are you sure you mean Diamondback and not Copperhead? People were having problems like this with the copperhead (as Modena made clear, fyi a firmware update fixed that problem for a lot of people, get the latest firmware @ http://razerblueprints.net/index.php...d=25&Itemid=69 ). AMD-T64, test the mouse on other computers as well as see check out this forum which is dedicated to Diamondback discussion/help @ http://razerblueprints.net/index.php...=96&board=21.0
    Yes, its a Diamondback. Ill check out the forums, thx for the link.

eVGA 750i SLI
    4g Mushkin DDR2 1066
    HIS HD 4890
    OCZ GameXStream 700w PSU
    Thermaltake Xaser (Blue)

I had these same issues with a new copperhead I just bought. The firmware took care of it for me. It said it was an issue with sli motherboards but it was the same on my laptop. The firmware is kind of a pain to do but is worth it. I am not sure if that applies to the diamonback though. One other thing I noticed was when I the drivers installed it was worse that just the regular ms drivers.
    Core I7/GA-EX58-UD4P
    6 gigs of ddr3 1600
    Raid 0 x2 WD 320AAKS
    4870 X2
    Silverstone 1000w Strider psu
    Thermochill PA 120.3 with dual pumps

Quote Originally Posted by 0156
    I had these same issues with a new copperhead I just bought. The firmware took care of it for me. It said it was an issue with sli motherboards but it was the same on my laptop. The firmware is kind of a pain to do but is worth it. I am not sure if that applies to the diamonback though. One other thing I noticed was when I the drivers installed it was worse that just the regular ms drivers.
    Well I might just try uninstalling the drivers then, thx for the idea.

eVGA 750i SLI
    4g Mushkin DDR2 1066
    HIS HD 4890
    OCZ GameXStream 700w PSU
    Thermaltake Xaser (Blue)

I have had the same problem for a while now, and I don't think there is a fix for it.

If you find a fix, please post back!!

Well it has not happened in a couple days. I tried this and it has worked so far.

Open up Control Panel, System, Device Manager, scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controller. I deleted all the USB root hubs, which I had 2 of them on my comp. Reboot and windows will install it again.

I hope this fixes it but Im sure Ive just been lucky and that it will happen again soon.

eVGA 750i SLI
    4g Mushkin DDR2 1066
    HIS HD 4890
    OCZ GameXStream 700w PSU
    Thermaltake Xaser (Blue)

Thats very interesting indeed. I never thought to try that out. Was there a firmware update for the Diamondback? I know for the copperhead they claimed the firmware fix was made to fix problems with sli motherboards.
    Core I7/GA-EX58-UD4P
    6 gigs of ddr3 1600
    Raid 0 x2 WD 320AAKS
    4870 X2
    Silverstone 1000w Strider psu
    Thermochill PA 120.3 with dual pumps

I dont know for sure but I think the firmware upgrade was only for the copperhead.

eVGA 750i SLI
    4g Mushkin DDR2 1066
    HIS HD 4890
    OCZ GameXStream 700w PSU
    Thermaltake Xaser (Blue)

Yes there are only firmware updates available for the Copperhead, not the Diamondback.

Oh and Interesting fix (if it does prove to work, give a few more days eh?).

I have very little experiance with the diamondback, I wish I could help more but if anyone has any copperhead questions, shoot away....