Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: "An Alternative September 11 History"

Quote Originally Posted by Soundforbjt View Post
    Maybe, Bush didn't bother with any intel that went against his ideas...therefore Congress never heard that intel.
    Oh, come on already. That would mean the Senate and House intelligence commitees only get what the President wants them to get and you know that just ain't so.

What might be closer to the truth is that some people on the left changed their minds about things they voted on back then and are too spineless to stand up and say so, chosing instead to play the revisionist and victim role. Its the same old same old, Democrats looking to fault someone, without any actionable plan of their own, besides more taxation.

^^And thats not just a dem strategy. Its all the politicians. They change positions like we change our underware. Its what politicians do best...jump on the front running bandwagon...but it gets really sickening when they cling together like an infection.
    The whole pre war intel arguement is just real tired at this point.
    So the opposition has moved on [for the most part] to the "new" arguement: Fighting terrorists makes more terrorists.
    Its simply a rehash of the old crap. You say yes? I say no.

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

^^^I think you are missing the point that most Iraqui citizens were not aligned with the terrorists at first. Funny how being occupied changes their minds. We did not win their "hearts & souls".
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

One way of looking at it. Or was the basic problem simply exposed? And we are now seeing the "false" peace we thought existed?

I understand your point Sound.

Here. Sort of an analogy.
    I understand the arguement that by us getting into Iraq its raised some issues.
    Some things are worse.

Now consider...how some guys think on the issue.

Would it have been better for the US to take a pass on WW2 in Europe?
    After all Japan was the obvious aggressor.
    We could have avoided the issue with Hitler and thought in terms of "criminal behaviour"
    And told ourselves "what Hitler does with Jews is an internal problem" and doesnt really affect us.
    "What Saddam does to Kurds is an internal problem snd doesnt affect us"

See the wrestle?

^^^ How 'bout the analogy of waging a crusade for equal civil rights creating more racists in the process? I mean c'mon, the KKK had a field day and growing numbers during the civil rights movement.

Would the argument to abandon the crusade in light of the growing KKK hold any water? Of course not.

How on earth does any one claim the McCain defined "high moral ground" and watch the slaughter of Kurds.
    How about in Africa? Total Genocide.
    And we define high moral ground as how we treat scumbag terrorists that chop off heads?

???

^^That was for effect.
    I see the same people often wring their hands in dismay and cry morality tears about GITMO.
    As Clinton watched 100,000's of people vanish in Africa and we talk about moral ground? Just what moral ground is that?
    We sit here and bitch about the rare prison abuse and mass murder from the 90's continues. Who is kidding who?

And the Bush administration calls the genocide in Africa a genocide and gets the UN "soap in the mouth" and were talking about moral authority?
    Jesus. Some perspective please.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    ^^That was for effect.
    I see the same people often wring their hands in dismay and cry morality tears about GITMO.
    As Clinton watched 100,000's of people vanish in Africa and we talk about moral ground? Just what moral ground is that?
    We sit here and bitch about the rare prison abuse and mass murder from the 90's continues. Who is kidding who?
    How on earth does any one claim the McCain defined "high moral ground" and watch the slaughter of Kurds.
    How about in Africa? Total Genocide.
    And we define high moral ground as how we treat scumbag terrorists that chop off heads?

???
    Mind the red herrings, jimz. You know very well what is being debated here.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Come on Orang.
    We talk about moral authority and high ground.
    I saw the movie you suggested long ago.
    We are arguing diddly here by comparison.

Come on Orang.
    We talk about moral authority and high ground.
    I saw the movie you suggested long ago.
    We are arguing diddly here by comparison.
    Who is being the 'relativist' now, jimz? Is something no longer "wrong" if something else is more "wrong"?

But that's not even the point; you're pulling the thread onto a tangent that multiple others have dealt with, in the past few days even. Don't introduce such things in order to stop talking about certain points.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

OK. Thats fair about thread pulling Orang. Wasnt my intention.

[even though 2=+2 =4 is still correct in a thread about 6 + 1]

Last edited by jimzinsocal; 09-25-2006 at 05:25 PM.

Looks like the talking's stopped anyway so I'll propose another tangent, or 'alternative 9/11 history'

Nineteen young muslims came to America, learned to fly aircraft and became successful pilots. 9/11/2001 was just another day. And they all lived happily ever after.

Just as farfetched as the OP?
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Quote Originally Posted by smoked trout View Post
    Looks like the talking's stopped anyway so I'll propose another tangent, or 'alternative 9/11 history'

Nineteen young muslims came to America, learned to fly aircraft and became successful pilots. 9/11/2001 was just another day. And they all lived happily ever after.

Just as farfetched as the OP?
    Perhaps, if the money that supported them didn't come from a venom towards our country.

And if it was sufficient in amount to teach them how to land...