Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who's using Firefox 2 RC1?

I had tried the firefox 2 beta 1 a few months back, but I hate the default skin for firefox (I have used Noia Extreme since I started using it a year or two ago) and there were still alot of bugs...ect.

I decided to try it out again, and found that Beta 2 had came out, and release candidate 1. Found the Noia Extreme homepage and discovered he did have an updated version for Firefox 2. Now im running this with no problems, and deffinatly notice a slight increase in performance as well as a bunch of new features im really liking.

Just curious what everyone else is using at this point. Firefox 1.5, Firefox 2, Opera, or Internet Explorer 7.

I personally tried IE7, performance finally comes a bit closer to Firefox's level and its good it has alot of the features as Firefox...but still no built in download manager, and the UI looks awful with my StyleXP theme. There are just to many little things that firefox has the at least this point in time, IE7 still lacks.

Re: Who's using Firefox 2 RC1?

Pilfer69

I'm using it no problems at all.

bb55
    Too many machines - too little time

Do you fold???

I just started using it yesterday and noticed that alot of my extensions are not supported yet.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    I just started using it yesterday and noticed that alot of my extensions are not supported yet.

Yep extensions are the biggest problem. Right now I just have Adblock on, and the filterset I have for it. Reveal and ForecastFox don't have support yet, but they will soon.

I know Forecast fox, supports Firefox Beta 1, but not beta 2 or the RC1 (which is basically Beta 2).

I can live without them though, as long as I have my Skin, im in alot better shape.
    Last edited by Pilfer69; 09-28-2006 at 02:06 PM. Reason: added something

Its still a bit buggy and yeah no extension support yet so I'm staying out of the RC's for a while, at least on Ff2.

CPU-Z My Heat
    Request Granted. Safe Passage Guaranteed via JimZ

What kind of bugs have you ran into? I've been using it for two days now, havent noticed anything out of the ordinary that didnt already happen in 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Pilfer69 View Post
    What kind of bugs have you ran into? I've been using it for two days now, havent noticed anything out of the ordinary that didnt already happen in 1.5
    exactly
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

I just switched two of my rigs over to Opera officially after the latest verification of the terrible Firefox javascript vulnerability (even though I suspect that IE and Opera have a similar deep code vulnerabilities too that we just haven't found yet which are also unfixable).

CPU-Z My Heat
    Request Granted. Safe Passage Guaranteed via JimZ

I used just now and seem good as it much clean - the final full version for Fx 2.0 due by end of October (hope it right date!)... and then next one Fx 3 due by Q1 2007 --- Fx2 seem ok but 2 of my extenstion dont support but Ive uninstalled and dont need it.. most of it are supported. it didnt make any mess, it look nice and easy - also I used NoScript into my extenstion also URL Fixer for easy quick when you type in address bar without typing www.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Swords View Post
    I just switched two of my rigs over to Opera officially after the latest verification of the terrible Firefox javascript vulnerability
    Do you mean this one that turned out to be a bad joke/hoax:

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews...ed-at-toorcon/

~ Want to try Linux - check out the PC Perspective Linux FAQ ~
    ~ Please take some time to read the Forum Rules ~
    ~ Feed the spamb0tz, don't mail me here: B7Trz4568254@nirvana.admins.ws ~

yeah, its good, stable

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Slider View Post
    Do you mean this one that turned out to be a bad joke/hoax:

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews...ed-at-toorcon/
    Yes that what I think the 2 guys seem trying to con Firefox for money by making claiming 30 unpatched - I dont think there anything wrong with Firefox cos the guys still has no proof that didnt show us what 30 unpatched that were flaw on firefox -- it look like the 2 guys semm trying to "Blackmail" Firefox for money. dont you think??

I have been using 2.0 since alpha no problems at all. Also if you want to make your extensions compatible use Nightly Tester Tools.

Max O/C: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU: 3.6 Ghz/1.5875v//nVidia 7900GS XT GPU: 600/830

my PC now running Fx 2.0 RC2 and the final release due by 24th October -- anyone has upgrade to Fx 2 then it will upgrade to final release via automatic update. It look nice and easy -- I havent any problems as it great and very nice, clear menu bar, etc..

Been running RC2 (on Linux) for a couple of days now - seems rock solid and fast.

Love the inline spell checker

Other than that, haven't really noticed any real differences from 1.5, other than the new toolbar button icons.

~ Want to try Linux - check out the PC Perspective Linux FAQ ~
    ~ Please take some time to read the Forum Rules ~
    ~ Feed the spamb0tz, don't mail me here: B7Trz4568254@nirvana.admins.ws ~