Are there any major Anti-UPS sites?

I've had it with that company. I'll give a brief history without getting into too much detail (my blood pressure is already high enough after today's debacle)

-2001: UPS delivers a laptop I sold to the wrong address. As a result, it sits in the snow for 2 days and is ruined. They refuse to compensate me in any way.

-2003: I RMA a $120 stick of RAM to NewEgg via UPS ground. The truck is hijacked and my RMA is stolen. After more than 18 months and well over a dozen phonecalls, UPS still has not reimbursed me in spite of many prior promises to do so. The shipper I sent through finally gets fed up with them and reimburses me out of his own pocket.

-2005: UPS delivers a computer case to me with extensive physical damage. NewEgg replaces the case for me and sends it via FedEx. New case arrives in pristine condition.

-2006: Two pacakges are scheduled to arrive on the same day via home delivery (though they're actually going to my work address). One is sent by FedEx and arrives on time, no problems. The other is sent by UPS, and 3 days later, is still not here. UPS claims that they have attempted to deliver the package every day. My security guards at the front desk say that the UPS guy has not set foot in the building all week. Every day, UPS has a new excuse.

Tuesday: A CORRECT COMPANY OR RECEIVER NAME IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION;NO ONE ANSWERED THE PHONE WHEN UPS CALLED

Baloney. My phone has no record of missed calls.

Wednesday:RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT;DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

Oh really? Maybe that's because you never asked him to seeing as you never set foot in the building!

Wednesday(After I called their customer service and provided my exact address along with precise instructions to leave the package at the front desk and have the security guard sign for it):THE RECEIVER HAS MOVED. UPS ATTEMPTING TO LOCATE RECEIVER TO COMPLETE DELIVERY, NO DELIVERY WAS MADE;THE ADDRESS HAS BEEN CORRECTED. THE DELIVERY HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED

I didn't move, but OK whatever, just deliver it tomorrow kthanks.

Thursday:A CORRECT SUITE NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION

Didn't we go through this already?

After calling customer service and really laying into them (no profanity or personal insults mind you) I am told that someone will call me within the hour. Amazingly, they did, but to little result. I told the first person that the only acceptable conclusion to this call was my package back on the truck and delivered to me today.

The supervisor who then answered the phone not only did not acknowledge any of my problems or frustrations, but repeatedly attempted to speak over me. I told them that either they deliver my package today or lose my business forever. I also told them that I would ensure that I dissuaded as many people as possible from ever using UPS for anything. They opted to lose my business.

After the 3 major incidents with UPS over the previous years, I swore never to ship through or voluntarily receive from them again. And I haven't. The store I purchased THIS item from only offered UPS as a shipping option, and no other stores that I could find had the item I wanted, so I bit the bullet and against my better judgement, ordered. This is where UPS loses big time. Before, I was content merely not to do business with them anymore whenever it was possible to avoid it. NOW I am hellbent on making sure I hurt their bottom line as frequently as I can. Will I make a big difference? Of course not. But I will cost them more than one hour of driver overtime, of that I can assure you.
    Heatware: Sabrewulf165 62-0-0

Re: Are there any major Anti-UPS sites?

was insurance purchased for any of the packages you sent?

as for packages being delivered that's just about like usps or fedex, there's only so much they can do. you kinda take a risk with anything delivered through the mail, if your neighborhood is bad or for some reason you'll be gone when the package is delivered it's best to have them hold it at their facility for you.

i've had troubles with all three myself and while very aggrivating, there's a limit to what is their fault and what is my ignorance.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

I completely agree. But if you can find my fault in any of the above scenarios, you should be a lawyer. As regards to insurance, anything sent via UPS is automatically insured up to $100, but I never received even that much for the 2001 and 2003 incidents. This most recent incident appears to be a combination of driver ineptness and customer service apathy.

As for FedEx and DHL, I'm not claiming they are perfect. The web is replete with sucks/rocks websites and threads. However, I have had and continue to have things shipped to me or from me multiple times per month over the last six-plus years, and I have never once had any problems worth writing about with anyone but UPS.
    Last edited by sabrewulf165; 09-28-2006 at 07:51 PM.
    Heatware: Sabrewulf165 62-0-0

UPS has had over 20 years to figure out how to distinguish 2 streets with the same name in the same zip code but that can be addressed as 2 different towns. We STILL have our packages put on the wrong truck EVERY time, despite us trying EVERYTHING that UPS (!!!!) has suggested to ensure the package gets on the right truck. The streets are 2 miles apart, on 2 different routes.

The driver for the other route has become so fed up with the situation that he's taken down the names of all the homes on our street and will just deliver them himself, despite the policy to NOT do that. Somehow the computer system can't make the distinction...
    Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 700 watt Thermaltake modular PSU
    Asus Crosshair III Formula
    Phenom II X4 955 BE
    4 GB OCZ BE
    EVGA GeForce GTX260 Core 216 896 MB
    WD 1600JB (7200 RPM, 160 GB, 8 MB cache), external drive now
    Samsung DVD burner
    WD1000FALS 1 TB

i deffinately agree with this rant... ups has by far beaten up more packages, as well as lost many more than any other carrier i have used... i have done probably around 200 transactions thru pcper, other forums, and ebay. fedex i had one incident, they fixed it up and refunded my money, usps i have NEVER had a problem with, DHL i have had one very well delivered package
    ups, i have had 3 boxes with broken contents 1 with lost contents(an empty box?!) and one completely lost(not sure how that happens)..oh yea, back in the day they delivered to the wrong house about...5 times..they got that right now though!

I've not been happy with Newegg, since they switched from fedex to ups for their primary carrier.

driver ineptness ...that sounds familiar!
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
    -Albert Einstein

Agreed here. In many years of dealing with both FedEx and UPS for both paintball equipment and computer equipment, I have come to the conclusion that UPS is the most incompetently run company in existence. I have NEVER managed to get a package from them on time correctly, always requiring several tries. FedEx on the other hand, almost always gets it right the first time. I still purchase from the Egg, but I will pay the extra $5-7 for FedEx, I refuse to deal with UPS anymore. I have gotten so fed up with them that if something can ONLY be found from a company that only offers UPS, I will call the company and personaly ask them if they can ship FedEx or USPS. IF not, then I will thank them for their time, give them my email address, and ask them to email me if they ever change their policy as I refuse to do business with them. I have actually convinced a couple companies to offer alternative shipping to UPS.

I never had a problem getting my insurance money when I shipped an underbody neon to a buyer on ebay (36" long glass tube) and UPS broke it on it's way to him.
    -Matt Hoffman-

4400lbs Of Nitto Drag Radial Burning Fury. ENOUGH SAID!

hmmm just had my new mp3 player I bought sent via ups. Hope it doesnt end up here in 100 pieces.

WOW, I cannot agree with the OP more. I've had so much stuff broken/smashed when delivered with UPS (united package smashers), that I too have decided to no longer use their service. FedEx is great, USPS is great, DHL too. Why cant they get it right??

Bryan

lol I can't be a part of this ups pays my salery and decides if i get promoted