Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Tattoing Child Molesterers/Murderers

I was reading this article:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/9953747/detail.html

and the idea hit me. I'm sure it's not a new idea but I've never seen anyone propose it. I've seen the idea of castration proposed which I don't agree with. In this guy's case I would agree with the death penalty or life in prison. But here's something else....what about branding child predators with a tattoo on the neck. We already require sex offenders to register with their respective state, why not add a tattoo. This lets the rest of the world know to watch out for this character.

TLR, what do you think?

Re: Tattoing Child Molesterers/Murderers

While I might understand the "practical" benefit [easy form of identification] the notion gives me the creeps.
    Setting aside the obvious problems of easy tatoo removal and wrongful convictions, it simply sends me on a trip thru history where Jews were numbered , slaves were branded, and whores got the "A". Somehow an electronic bracelet seems less intrusive on the person...and certainly not as permanent.
    But just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    While I might understand the "practical" benefit [easy form of identification] the notion gives me the creeps.
    Setting aside the obvious problems of easy tatoo removal and wrongful convictions, it simply sends me on a trip thru history where Jews were numbered , slaves were branded, and whores got the "A". Somehow an electronic bracelet seems less intrusive on the person...and certainly not as permanent.
    But just my opinion.
    Yep. I would imagine you'd also get a cry from the Revelationist Christian groups about the 'mark of the beast'.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

But just my opinion.
    That's a good idea too. In fact, I like that better.

if you ask me, someone who is so much of a danger to society that they have to be monitored 24/7 with an electronic bracelet needs to be civilly committed and locked up for life. i believe there are offenders out there(yes, even those sick child molestors, etc.) who are living their lives in a safe manner which not only keeps society safe but themselves as well, as well as doing things that are lowering their risk of reoffense. in these cases i do not feel that these specific offenders should be branded. while the crime is horrific, if they've paid their debt to society and did their time and are living a safe a low risk life, i see no reason to have to monitor them forever. As for the offender that are at a high risk that people feel should be on GPS tracking, they need to be locked away for a long time.
    When you sleep with someone, you've slept with everyone they've slept with. Does that make you gay? Yes. Yes it does.

can u see the bracelet if the person is wearinga long sleve? nope..how about something more visible?

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Here's a thought - how about leaving people the hell alone?

Who here has the right to brand another human being?

Quote Originally Posted by Trekari View Post

Who here has the right to brand another human being?

I do. I have the right to do whatever the hell is necessary to protect my family. If it means being able to keep these sick s away from my family then I will brand them, casterate them or dig them a hole given half the chance. Your comment was stupid. You may not agree with HOW they are punished, but to say that we should just "leave them alone" is ignorance incarnate.

As I was planning on saying before I saw Trekari's comment:
    I watched an episode of The Outer Limits (?) once that protrayed this. A man was found guilty of some crime and given a brand on his forehead. He couldn't cover it up because it would burn through whatever he put on it: a hat, a scarf, ect. Anyhow, the brand meant that everyone had to ignore him. No speaking to him, no making direct eye contact, ect. At first, he though he was in heavan because he was walking into women's changing rooms, and spa's. But then the loneliness kicked in because there was absolutely no human interaction. He couldn't order food at a resturaunt, make purchases at a store... he was an outcast.

Newest Article: PC Gaming Superiority
    http://richardmccord.com

Almost forgot... Orangutan,
    the Beast Mark is more inclined to be attributed to the I.D. device that has been discussed for years now. Basically, everyone getting implanted with a chip (tracking device) when they come "of age".

Newest Article: PC Gaming Superiority
    http://richardmccord.com

But just my opinion.
    For child molesters and murderers I'm more inclined to go with a shock collar.

Would've been nice if the child molesters and murderers would have subscribed to that. Unfortunately they didn't, and our justice system has a responsibility to remove these dangers from society. Wish they could be rehabbed, reprogrammed, whatever, but it just isn't that simple.
    If they repeat their crimes they should be removed from society permanently.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerhawk View Post
    is ignorance incarnate.
    Says the guy who condones wanton slaughter of said party

Hypocrisy? Slayerhawk's heard of it.

Personally I agree that if such invasive measures are necessary, the offender might as well be kept incarcerated. Guaranteed to be more effective than even the most absurd marks or monitoring measures.
    Last edited by sabrewulf165; 09-29-2006 at 11:20 AM.
    Heatware: Sabrewulf165 62-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerhawk View Post
    I do. I have the right to do whatever the hell is necessary to protect my family.
    No, you don't.

If it means being able to keep these sick s away from my family then I will brand them, casterate them or dig them a hole given half the chance.
    Yeah, that's definitely not allowed. I believe at least one of those is called "murder".

Your comment was stupid.
    Oh good, they've opened the personal attack bar.

You may not agree with HOW they are punished, but to say that we should just "leave them alone" is ignorance incarnate.
    How is that 'ignorance incarnate'? Incarnate is not a superlative; perhaps you meant something aking to 'ultimate'?

As I was planning on saying before I saw Trekari's comment:
    I watched an episode of The Outer Limits (?) once that protrayed this. A man was found guilty of some crime and given a brand on his forehead. He couldn't cover it up because it would burn through whatever he put on it: a hat, a scarf, ect. Anyhow, the brand meant that everyone had to ignore him. No speaking to him, no making direct eye contact, ect. At first, he though he was in heavan because he was walking into women's changing rooms, and spa's. But then the loneliness kicked in because there was absolutely no human interaction. He couldn't order food at a resturaunt, make purchases at a store... he was an outcast.
    Kind of like the Jews in Germany.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan View Post

Kind of like the Jews in Germany.
    Kind of not like the Jews in Germany, unless you think the Jews were on a par with child molestors, if you take the comment as it was intended, or at least found guilty of a crime, if you take the comment as Outer Limits intended it.

The branded part... yah, I got that. Its similar.
    Unfortunately they didn't, and our justice system has a responsibility to remove these dangers from society. Wish they could be rehabbed, reprogrammed, whatever, but it just isn't that simple.
    If they repeat their crimes they should be removed from society permanently.
    I couldn't agree more. I actually lean towards taking the removal from society thing all the way, to the first offense, but realize society would use it as a tool against innocents falsely charged.

Its such a tough hot button issue. Particularly with parents. On one hand we think about revenge...about instant justice...about some guy never seeing the light of day again. The most important first step, I think is some sort of uniform sentencing rule, so at least with a conviction we arent dealing with the same character in six months or a year.
    How much do we spend on rehab while in jail? Thats the next tough issue as there is a finite amount of money.
    Do we spend money on rehab? Or do we pass legislation[associated costs] that prohibits trans fats in food in NYC?
    Value judgements.

This loser in an Indiana prison tattoed his self
    http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5476284