(MCE) How can I record all of a show I've been watching after it's already started?

Using XP Media Center 2005 and watching a live broadcast... MCE clearly has a live tv buffer, because I can rewind back over half an hour, but when I decide I want to record the whole show, and hit record, it instead dumps everything before I clicked record and begins recording from the point when I clicked record! WTF?!

Is there any way in MCE to have it save everything in the buffer up to that point?

When you tune in to a program, your Media Center PC automatically starts recording a buffer of up to 30 minutes of live TV, even if you have not scheduled the program to record. This allows you to rewind and fast forward through the last 30 minutes of a show.
    Isn't there some way to have it include the buffer in the recording?
    Last edited by sabrewulf165; 10-03-2006 at 11:18 PM.
    Heatware: Sabrewulf165 62-0-0

Re: (MCE) How can I record all of a show I've been watching after it's already started?

I've never gotten it to work!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Re: (MCE) How can I record all of a show I've been watching after it's already started?

That feature works on my Tivo ....
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

That's cause it's always already recording, as I recall.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!