View Poll Results: Should teachers be armed?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, with guns and live ammo

2 6.67%
  • Yes, but not with guns and live ammo (maybe an alternate weapon)

3 10.00%
  • Undecided

1 3.33%
  • Teachers should not be armed, but maybe other school personnel

2 6.67%
  • Absolutely NOT!!! (Teachers or any other school personnel)

20 66.67%
  • Other: Will post in thread

2 6.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Should teachers be armed?

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsoul View Post
    People who choose those professions are in general liberal. Why in gods name would a social worker be a conservative? Catch my drift......

I think in each profession you generally will lean to one side or the other due to the benefits of what each side provides you.

As far as education - it is simply UNREASONABLE to make sure each board has an equal number of liberals/conservative. Speaking of which, the most educated people in the world are liberals anyway
    Well, you guys were asking why we felt that education was liberal. If I'm reading you right, you are now saying, "Well duh, of course education is liberal." And yes, it is unreasonable to force balance on a school board, education staff, etc. It is not unreasonable to hold them accountable for keeping their political thinking out of the classroom.

As to the social worker, maybe they should be conservative because a conservative's goal would be to eliminate the need for a social worker via self-sufficiency whereas . . .

Speaking of which, the most educated people in the world are liberals anyway
    Ok ill agree that most teachers are liberal and is that also the reason our schools in America suck so bad compaired to other parts of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer
    Ok ill agree that most teachers are liberal and is that also the reason our schools in America suck so bad compaired to other parts of the world?
    But the countries with the best education systems in the world are decidedly "pinko" compared to the US are they not?

(edit: talking about school there - the best US universities which are probably stuffed full of "pinko" professors and lecturers are excellent aren't they?)
    Last edited by h_a_; 10-12-2006 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Oh, come on already. You had some conservative history professors. Big whoop. I had some conservative professors too. Where did I say colleges are devoid of conservatives?

If you want to argue the point, put up some numbers. We've done it before in TLR... right before all of you liberals quit responding to the threads.

Law school? No, I'm not a lawyer. One of my best friends is though, went to UC Berkeley and did law school at Hastings... claims Hastings was more liberal than Berkeley.That's not at all what it means.
    You just crushed one of my pet long held beliefs.

Surely Hastings canít be nearly as wacky as Berkeley, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    You just crushed one of my pet long held beliefs.

Surely Hastings canít be nearly as wacky as Berkeley, can it?
    Its apparently the mothership of the 9th circuit...

^^^ Nothing could be worse…

And where do all the centrists go?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    And where do all the centrists go?
    Rose hulman ?lol

Quote Originally Posted by myv65 View Post
    Well, you guys were asking why we felt that education was liberal. If I'm reading you right, you are now saying, "Well duh, of course education is liberal." And yes, it is unreasonable to force balance on a school board, education staff, etc. It is not unreasonable to hold them accountable for keeping their political thinking out of the classroom.

As to the social worker, maybe they should be conservative because a conservative's goal would be to eliminate the need for a social worker via self-sufficiency whereas . . .

Yeah, because mentally disabled or handicapped adults can really make it on their own.

Good idea...

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    It has nothing to do wtih the teachers. It has everything to do wtih the way we merit our education and the standards in place to communicate where students should be at certain levels. This is up to the federal government which is run by conservatives who could give a flying shit about education.

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    Rose hulman ?lol
    Bah, they are all engineers They hold no political party.