Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: One big case

Re: One big case

Uncle Bob, I think I have a thread for You:

http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?t=77937

As It is talkin about the possibility of overclocking woodcrest/clovertown cpus.

Well, I got the power installed yesterday but not much more! Tomorrow I can put the 2 3" pipes going into the office. They will fill these holes.
    More pics to follow.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

OK, I got one shelf mostly built, just enough so you might get an idea of what I'm trying to do.

We have an ASROCK SATA2 and it's PSU with HDD mounted underneath here:

And an ASUS A8N SLI and it's PSU with HDD mounted underneath here:
    Last edited by UncleBob; 10-15-2006 at 07:41 AM.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

The 'shelves' are of a hard PVC that is ribbed. Industrial walkways that are more than strong enough for the purpose. I simply drilled holes where I could and screwed in standoffs and mounted the boards on them. Worked real slick.

A view from inside:

For now the shelves are sitting on parts of the cabinet. Brackets are painted and drying tonight. All for now, the real work will be Monday. we have a dinner party for 12 tomorrow...I'd get killed if I did anything tomorrow after work.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    The 'shelves' are of a hard PVC that is ribbed. Industrial walkways that are more than strong enough for the purpose. I simply drilled holes where I could and screwed in standoffs and mounted the boards on them. Worked real slick.

A view from inside:

For now the shelves are sitting on parts of the cabinet. Brackets are painted and drying tonight. All for now, the real work will be Monday. we have a dinner party for 12 tomorrow...I'd get killed if I did anything tomorrow after work.
    I believe Your wife would have to call the undertaker, If You did that.

Looks good, I'm buying cases with sound proofing added to It(Black P180 SPCR brand cases) and Most PC filters are about as usefull as a square car tire. I did a Google search and found a post that said that Register Vent filters would slide in that slot at the bottom front of the a PC cases faceplate(Chieftec Dragon/Matrix type), I'll need to glue some plastic L girders in place to guide and hold the filter while the PCs are off(Plastruct makes some, Hobby shops have It as I recall).
    Last edited by JokerCPoC; 10-15-2006 at 01:09 AM.

Took 3 more pics before bed...a look from a couple different angles of the installation:

Lastly, a closeup of the shelf material:

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    OK, I got one shelf mostly built, just enough so you might get an idea of what I'm trying to do.

We have an ASROCK SATA2 and it's PSU with HDD mounted underneath here:

And an ASUS A8N SLI and it's PSU with HDD mounted underneath here:
    Nice setup! what made you decide to put this in the garage? i'd be worried about heat issues being most garages don`t have AC.I would think that it would be a royal pain keeping the cabinette cool during the summer.

BTW the A8N sli premium is an asus board,not msi.I have one and wc the chipset.
    Last edited by UncleBob; 10-15-2006 at 07:42 AM.

OOPS! Well, thanks, I knew that, I guess typing late at night has it's disadvantages.

The garage stayed quite cool this Summer already. I have several cold air intake methods for it as well. You may be right, however, none of this is exact science.

Spoiler!

Nice house and setup bob.

Wow UB, Can't believe I missed this thread.

Good stuff,

What do you do when you have too many computers?

You build a giant AC'ed case! Really sweet UB!
    "Angels on the sideline, Puzzled and amused.
    Why did Father give these humans free will?
    Now they’re all confused."

6600K@4.2 MSI Z170A GAMING G5- Gskill DDR4 @2400-Creative Soundblaster Z-MyDigitalSSD BPX (240GB)-Plus Various other SSD&HHD-Sapphire RX480-Win10

A whole mess of other computers-Tablets-Tech Toys

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by dawp View Post
    Nice setup! what made you decide to put this in the garage? i'd be worried about heat issues being most garages don`t have AC.I would think that it would be a royal pain keeping the cabinette cool during the summer.

BTW the A8N sli premium is an asus board,not msi.I have one and wc the chipset.
    Keep in mind that UB lives up North here, where you can usually cool the garage by opening the door 'nStuff!

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Ugh... erf... uhn..... this page is taking a bit to load, with all of those images. So, in the interest of moving this along towards a second page, I submit this idea for you, Uncle Bob.

You see, I've identified a shortcoming in your plans. Yes, you see, you won't have as many computers in your office. Oh, you think that's a good thing, do you? I'm sure it has it's benefits. But... how are you going to monitor your system if it's all remote, hum? I'll bet you have an application that you can load onto your office PC that you can check when you feel the urge... but that's not monitoring; that's UPDATING yourself.

This, THE DEVICE, is a monitor worthy of your farm. They aren't quite available yet, adding to the cache' of having one of the first... and with your application, you could probably get them to send one out to you for review, as long as you post your installation here on PCPer...

They get traffic, you get a monitor classy enough for the new digs... win/win!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff View Post
    Ugh... erf... uhn..... this page is taking a bit to load, with all of those images. So, in the interest of moving this along towards a second page, I submit this idea for you, Uncle Bob.

You see, I've identified a shortcoming in your plans. Yes, you see, you won't have as many computers in your office. Oh, you think that's a good thing, do you? I'm sure it has it's benefits. But... how are you going to monitor your system if it's all remote, hum? I'll bet you have an application that you can load onto your office PC that you can check when you feel the urge... but that's not monitoring; that's UPDATING yourself.

This, THE DEVICE, is a monitor worthy of your farm. They aren't quite available yet, adding to the cache' of having one of the first... and with your application, you could probably get them to send one out to you for review, as long as you post your installation here on PCPer...

They get traffic, you get a monitor classy enough for the new digs... win/win!
    I'll say this about the Device, HAHAHAHA.

Big day yesterday. Wired up a 16 port KVM switch. 12 cables go out to the garage. Still kind of messy there but making headway!

Spoiler!

Inside the cabinet I mounted several power strips and the 16 port ethernet switch.

Spoiler!