Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HELP!Blue Screen/Lines On My Display-Big Problem!!!

Hi,
    I got this problem-it first started when i played Fifa 07-i have been playeing it for several days already but this problem occured today.The thing is in the menu blue lines appear and once you go into the game all screen goes crazy-cant see anything(i am playing with a friend via IP adress),so i thought maybe its because of the game,i got out of the game and for some time on the desktop were these lines also.So i went and tryed to play Swat 4-the same thing occured,therefore i updated drivers and uninstalled fifa 07,but nothing,then i checked Computer Managment and found in the applications red error markings-i clicked on them and it sayd the following:Source:EventSystem Event ID:4609,The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing....etc.I also found i different type of error Source:Application Hang Event ID:1002 ,Hanging application Swat4.exe....And the blue lines appear often on the desktop to-I [IMG][/IMG]really want to clear all this up so i could work and play properly with my computer-PLEASE HELP.

Re: HELP!Blue Screen/Lines On My Display-Big Problem!!!

The Matrix Has you....

j/k well you might want to check your video card settings and game settings if you change em see if its anything. but it seems like a system error could be driver based off your vid card.

Max O/C: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU: 3.6 Ghz/1.5875v//nVidia 7900GS XT GPU: 600/830

welcome to pcper richard. first off were gonna need you to list your system's specs. power supply, motherboard, cpu, memory, video card, monitor and operating system. if you dont know what hardware you have google "belarc advisor", it will list your specs for you.

my first guess is that either the video card fan has ceased functioning or your video drivers are bonked (please advise how you "updated" your drivers). might try a few passes with "memtest86+" to confirm its not the ram.
    TForce TF8200 A2+
    Athlon X2 4850e 45w
    G.Skill 4GB PC2 8000
    74GB Raptor / 640GB WD
    Evga 512MB 9800GT
    My HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe View Post
    The Matrix Has you....

j/k well you might want to check your video card settings and game settings if you change em see if its anything. but it seems like a system error could be driver based off your vid card.
    My first thought exactly!
    Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Eric Idle

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us -- Cats look down on us - Only pigs treat us as equals." Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Drawde5 View Post
    My first thought exactly!
    Same here. The video card is my first guess because I had the same issues when it was dying.

Im sorry i have been away -i still havent found any solution to my problem-the yellow,blue lines are still occuring while surfing the net-doing work or playing games-PLEASE HELP!-This is what happened when i tryed to play Swat 4 the last time:
    No Label

Crash Time 110106 233252

OS Windows XP 5.1 (Build 2600)
    CPU GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 1806 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video RADEON 9500 PRO 9700 (6635)

Application location CProgram FilesSierraSWAT 4ContentSystem

SWAT Build Number 34688

Access Violation caused General protection fault!

History UGameEngineGetMD5ConfigFiles - FMallocWindowsFree - FMallocWindowsRealloc [BF0020BD 0 FArray] - FArrayRealloc [02] - FMallocWindowsFree - UGameEngineAuthorizeClient - AttemptLoadPending - TickPending - UGameEngineTick - UpdateWorld - MainLoop-GenerateExtraCrashInfo [(GLevel 'myLevel' PendingLevel 'NetPendingLevel2' NetMode 'NM_Client'] - MainLoop

I thought abaut viruses too and i gotta say,my virus protection program has detected 6 viruses,but they all are quaranteened and i cant delete them either cause they are Win32 type of files etc.Personally i dont think its a virus,but i hope you guys could sort this out-all this came just out of a blue(didnt download anything ordinary and this has never happened before).

Have you tried reconnecting, re-seating, the card, or swapping it out for another card? Besides the Matrix, it seems hardware related to me.
    Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Eric Idle

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us -- Cats look down on us - Only pigs treat us as equals." Sir Winston Churchill

I really dont know that much abaut computers,i dont know what to do-the weird thing is that it just started one day(during Fifa 07 online play)and now its almoust everywhere,i just dont know what to do-if you guys want i can type my parameters here or re-type the errors ive had-i just dont know...

If your computer has any type of warranty take it in.

Otherwise...

Open the case and look for rodents, bugs, twigs, carpet, stray cats and that missing slice of pizza. Oh, and dust. No dust please.

Carefully vacum it out - with the power off to the computer. If available to you, use one of those cans of Air to blow out HSF and case/psu fans.

It would seem that if it is not a software issue that it is hardware and by the sounds of it, may be too late to fix other then a video card swap.

Everything in a computer tends to run warm, and by insulating it with dust and the like it goes from warm to hot real fast - the way I read the symptoms is an over heating issue that has run its course to the point of hardware (gpu) damage.

Take the card out - it will be what your monitor cable is connected to. Plug the monitor into the on board connection to the motherboard. Taking the video card out should be as "easy" as one hex/phillips screw, removing the monitor cable, and possible a motherboard/video card "lock" that is easily depressed. Tug carefully, make sure not to put any pressure on caps or anything on the video card its self.

Reboot and see if lines/glitching still there. Your onboard video may or may not support very many video game options, but should give you an idea if your 9500 is toast or not.

-=M=-
    Rock the Jukebox:
    2x Intel XEON E5405
    Asus DSBV-DX
    4x Kingston 2Gb FBuffered 667mhz w/4x MemCooler
    FSP 650w PSU
    MS Server 2008 STD

M3ltD0Vvn:
    Intel Q9550 w/Coolermaster Hyper 212 - 2x 120mm
    Asus P5N-D
    2x Transcend 2Gb 800Mhz
    FSP 550w SLI Certified <~~Bullet Proof
    EVGA GTX560Ti SC (Asus 22" 1680x1050)
    MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Mpulliam-thanks for feedback-ill give it a try !

Hi. I'm sorta new here and wanted to say I've got the same problem.

My lines were purple and greenish. Then I switched out the video card for a new one I just bought. At first, for a day or two it was working perfectly, now, I'm getting yellow and blue lines. It's driving me nuts. I've installed and uninstalled and reinstalled the driver multiple times and it just won't fix! Help?

hows your troubleshooting skills on the computer bugs? replace software or hardware till you fix it?

Me or richard? Sorry 3dfxrain, just wondering

Hi. I'm sorta new here and wanted to say I've got the same problem.

My lines were purple and greenish. Then I switched out the video card for a new one I just bought. At first, for a day or two it was working perfectly, now, I'm getting yellow and blue lines. It's driving me nuts. I've installed and uninstalled and reinstalled the driver multiple times and it just won't fix! Help?
    Starting a new post with your specs and prob would be more adventagious.

Welcome to PCPer still.

What is the Motherboard?

What was the first Video Card? What is the new card? What drivers have you tried?

Having it work, then degrade over 2 days time it sounds like a driver issue or heat related. Possible the Capictors next to your AGP/PCI-E slots are blown, cracked, leaking. If you have just one swollen cap on your board, its subject to a multitude of issues, including pixals, jagged tears etc etc.

-=M=-
    Rock the Jukebox:
    2x Intel XEON E5405
    Asus DSBV-DX
    4x Kingston 2Gb FBuffered 667mhz w/4x MemCooler
    FSP 650w PSU
    MS Server 2008 STD

M3ltD0Vvn:
    Intel Q9550 w/Coolermaster Hyper 212 - 2x 120mm
    Asus P5N-D
    2x Transcend 2Gb 800Mhz
    FSP 550w SLI Certified <~~Bullet Proof