Safe to say my Motherboard is dead?

I just got a new case in the mail and after I switched out all my hardware, I went to boot up and it wont start and my PSU keeps clicking. I aint no retard either, I use all the precautions and wear a wrist strap so I didn't fry it.

I have been having issues with random crashes, and graphical glitches from my desktop pixelating as if its on a resolution my monitor cannot handel (while the res is just fine) and loss of textures in my games (sometimes nothing but wireframe) for the past 6 months.

Now, I originally thought this could be my graphics card (9800PRO), but I tried it over my cousins house and the GPU still works fine (plus the PC still wouldn't boot with it removed).

I tried everything from checking the power button on the new case and the jumpers on the mobo, to removing all of the components one by one, and the power supply would not power on.

However, it finally powered once everything but the HDD was removed from the PSU (including the mobo). The PSU tested fine, as well, so its not bad. Voltage was good, and fans were running fine with out any wires that may have been too close to the fans.

So is it possible that I need a new mobo, or could there still be something else wrong with the PSU? I dont know if it matters, but I have a K8 combo-z board.

Re: Safe to say my Motherboard is dead?

my vote is your PSU first.

If you just got a new case and the PC used to work till you ut it in a new case.....try booting with mobo out of case. Something may be slightly grounding out.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

That was actually one of the first things I tried. I did not try booting it inside of the case until I had tested it outside. I actually went as far as putting it back into the old case and still no luck.

The reason why I don't really think its the PSU, is because I am getting the normal voltage readings I got when the system WAS running, and it does boot fine with just the HDD pluged in and using a PSU tester.

Even still, could it be a PSU problem? I need to order a new one anyone, the one I have is junk. I was hoping that it was the problem to begin with, but if its the MoBo, now I have to make the decision to either purchase a similar (socket 754, *bleck*) or try and tough it out until Dec, when I can afford a decent purchase.

And still, I am torn between an AM2 processor and the new Intel core 2 duo (which has outperformed, slightly, the AM2 proc I was looking at for the same price).

OK, well, if it won't boot at all, it's either the mobo or the CPU. Rather unlikely the CPU unless it's been removed and pins are bent.....unlikely scenario given what you said, so I'd guess the mobo. The PSU worked before and puts out voltage like you mentioned.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!