Question How can you convert split track CD's??

I have a split track cd that contains accompanyment music on the left channel and the voice track on the right channel. All I want is a cd that plays ONLY the accompanyment music on both left and right channels. Is there a way to do this with software??

I know I could run the left channel analog output of my cd player into a computer input port and just record (then the quality would be less and I'd have to recreate all the tracks from the single audio file) but I was thinking there was a way to do it digitally with software??

I've tried several different programs but it seems that none of them have an option to separate or pan the volume between left and right channels on the INPUT side of things. I've done a lot of searching on the net and I cant seem to find anything that I'm looking for. I would greatly appreciate any help!

Re: How can you convert split track CD's??

Goldwave should be able to do it. You can open up the MP3 in the software and then mute the left/right channel. Once you have done that you can re-record the MP3 and then copy the left to the right channel.

http://www.goldwave.com/

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsoul View Post
    Goldwave should be able to do it. You can open up the MP3 in the software and then mute the left/right channel. Once you have done that you can re-record the MP3 and then copy the left to the right channel.

http://www.goldwave.com/
    Thank you so much!! That really worked like a champ! It didn't take me long to figure out the program but best of all, there is a batch processing tool so I could apply the same settings to all of my tracks! Thanks again, what a great recommendation! I'd give you a big hug but I don't know where you live

Hehe, no problem. It is a great piece of software. Very nice that it is free as well. It performs almost all recording/dubbing features that my much more expensive cubase software does.

If you have a recording software such as Pro Tools, Sonar, Cubase, etc....you can export the music from the cd into your software that way, too. The catch: you have to have it connected to a split-channel cd player and then just line-in to the audio interface you're using. Hope that helps. I'm still a novice with this stuff. May be too much of an involved process, but that's all I know to do. I welcome any input to skip all those steps. Thanks!