Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Snow day in Colorado!

We got about 2 inches here in North Carolina where I live a couple of years ago, caused about the same effects as I bet 18 inches do over there.s

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Lol, that's funny trout. I just got in from building an igloo with my kids. It's a heavy snow, a type we don't get much here. It works great for snowballs and snowmen. I got lucky today with shoveling, about halfway through the job the neighbor came over with his snow blower.

I think it's been almost 10 years since we've had a deep snow like this. Ah well, forecast tomorrow is for 50 degrees and 64 degrees the day after. This will melt in record time!
    Cool you did it! Great pics. The kids will always remember this one.
    The early snows are the best 'building' snows, we get the same light fluffy stuff you get later in the season.
    That light fluffy stuff makes for better skiing tho.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

very nice. haha looks like a square rubbermaid cleaning buckut was used to make the cubes :-)

Lets see some after pictures now if the snow is melted.

no fair,id kill for snow like that.

plenty of handrails to session on a snowboard in wales,but no snow to do it with :S

i ought to relocate

Quote Originally Posted by sktr4lf View Post
    no fair,id kill for snow like that.

plenty of handrails to session on a snowboard in wales,but no snow to do it with :S

i ought to relocate
    Keep in mind I'm only on the Front Range here in Colorado. The mountains are where the snow really falls. 20" of snow here shuts the city down, stops most traffic, (even the mail) and they call it a blizzard. 20" of snow falls in Aspen or Keystone and they call it Tuesday. Yes, it's a snowboarders paradise to be sure in the mountains.

Almost all of the snow in the above pictures is gone already. A patch left here and there where the plows got it 4' or higher. The last few days we've had temps in the high 60's and low 70's. Lol, Sunday I washed my car in the driveway in shorts while the grass still had snow on it.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19