Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    myrtle beach,south carolina, U. S. of A.!

Re: Water Cooling Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Slider View Post
    Nice board T - I read the review here when it came out. Some of those features sound nice
    thanks Ned..... I love it!!!

there is a 47 page manual from nvidia just on overclocking this board! LOL

all this is adjustable from windows........
    Last edited by thelmores; 12-10-2006 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thelmores View Post
    Since you have an unlocked cpu, its too easy!

just raise the muliplier!

maybe raise the fsb a little just for good measure.......

unlink your memory, if you can, at least at first, so that doesnt hold you back......

not much progress, but she is purrin away! Hope to have it finished before next year!
    Ok T I raised the bar from 2.66GHz to 3.2Ghz! The Multiplier was at 10, Now It's at 12. I think I'll leave It there and see how It performs, The Memory is already using a 4:5 FSB:dram ratio of 334MHz Timing is 10-5-5-5.0 what do Ya think? Temp is hovering between 40-41C(It has increased to 42C for a second), Idle was at 28C, So this hsf-tec(50w!) does pretty good and It's quiet as can be, Better than water cooling, Unless You have a coldplate/Tec hooked up between the cpu and the waterblock, I guess. The temp readout of the Vigor Monsoon II on the front of the case is at 37C for the cpu, Up 3C from stock speed. Helps to have a 2nd LCD screen. Oh and I didn't even touch the vcore which is at 1.25v.
    Last edited by JokerCPoC; 12-10-2006 at 06:05 PM.

Ok T I tried going to 3.46GHz(It booted @ 3.46GHz and promptly blue screened) and since I see no voltage controls in 1305, I'll have to flash the Bios to 1601 to maybe go faster, Heck I couldn't even change the fsb or much else, Just the multiplier which can go to 20 or down to 6. Now I'm back to 3.2GHz which is not to bad.

yea, u prob need a small increase in vcore........

but yea.....3.2 x 4 = good!

Quote Originally Posted by thelmores View Post
    yea, u prob need a small increase in vcore........

but yea.....3.2 x 4 = good!
    Well I tried vcore and a few others, Yeah I found the voltage controls, Under Advanced, Under AI overclocking. No good, Maybe later on when I understand the manual more as I may have had too little vcore as I tried 1.3vdc with no luck(It goes higher), but I'm going to flash the Bios 1st.

i would say since you have adequate cooling, you could prob go as high as 1.4, maybe 1.45...... I'd prob try to stick with 1.4v.... considering the cost of replacing your cpu!

but 1.4 will prob allow a few more mhz...... you may just want to start out small..... you may not need all 1.4v...... try 1.325, 1.35, 1.375, etc.......

no since using more volts than nec..... only creates extra heat......

mat c2d is at about 1.4v @ 3.5ghz, and no increase in voltage from their provides any extra overhead........

let us know how you make out batjoker!

batjoker and angel, boinc crime fighters!