Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Democrats.com.... sinking to a common low

Rumsfeld as a Nazi....how many times does the "insert name"=Nazi analogy have to fail before people will learn. Just shows how ignorant some are as to how horrible the Nazi's really were. Photochopped screenie from move.

http://www.democrats.com/node/9934

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Re: Democrats.com.... sinking to a common low

I think it is funny. A sense of humor goes a long way. I find similar Conservative pictures funny too. I find your sig funny.

I don't take this stupid junk personally

Sorry.. I'm not able to shrug off Nazi comparisons as "ha-ha" funny. People who generate this kind of tripe have no clue what the Nazi's were, what they represented or what they did.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Sorry.. I'm not able to shrug off Nazi comparisons as "ha-ha" funny. People who generate this kind of tripe have no clue what the Nazi's were, what they represented or what they did.
    The frequency of Nazi references, when combined with the astounding ignorance of the laity, makes me think that they are not so much out of direct comparison to all the Nazis were but out of a lack of familiarity with fascism and authoritarianism in general. There is no shortage of examples of these, from Saddam Hussein to Nicolae Ceauşescu to Hafez al-Assad. But they don't figure as highly in our cultural memory as the Nazis, if at all. I bet if you went out onto any given street in any given American city, the vast majority of people wouldn't be able to pronounce the names of, much less tell you anything about, Ceauşescu or al-Assad.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

More contemporary examples is the fad for some to run around in the apparently fashionable "Che" t-shirts. Think they have a clue what this guy was all about?

-The Gipper

More contemporary examples is the fad for some to run around in the apparently fashionable "Che" t-shirts. Think they have a clue what this guy was all about?
    Some do, but I would venture that most don't. Then again, does the popular mind ever really know what it espouses? The same collective consciousness that gives weight to shows like "American Idol", "Dancing with the Stars", Jerry Springer, and Bill O'Reilly? A village of idiots we are.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

how about stop posting stupid threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz View Post
    how about stop posting stupid threads.

-The Gipper

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Ohh lemme guess just cause "insert name here" doesnt publicly express their hate for jews and minoritys or better yet send them to concentration camps means they arent like the nazis?
    Laugh if you only knew in how many ways they are similar to nazis,which I will not proceed to list cause im busy.But yes your idols are all nazi fascist pigs

Btw,hmm why is there a Fasces http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Fasces.png symbol on so many US monuments?Gee wizz its so laughable to call your idols nazis!!!
    Need proof? Quick google search and tada!!!
    Cough http://www.freedomisforeverybody.org/Fascism.php cough
    Last edited by Poci; 11-06-2006 at 07:29 PM.

Che is bad "mmkay" he was en evil commy,huh?
    People like me that would wear a Che shirt if they had one dont know about him,were so ignorant......

Quote Originally Posted by Ganj View Post
    Che is bad "mmkay" he was en evil commy,huh?
    People like me that would wear a Che shirt if they had one dont know about him,were so ignorant......
    The question was if people who wore these t's had a clue what he was all about. But thanks for adding your 2c worth. Maybe less Ganj more reading would help....

-The Gipper

Your trying to say most people that wear Che shirts dont know what hes about like they are ignorant or something,my response is what you qouted THINKING I dont understand your post,laugh I think I understand your posts better then you yourself.
    What about my fasces post?What no smart alec response to that eh?Maybe cause it shines some light to prove you wrong in every way?

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Oh Ganj... just because the Fascists adopted a symbol that has existed back to the Roman era you cannot paint others who use it as Fascists. That would be like calling the 12th century Teutonic Knights "Nazis" because they used an open ended Cross Pattee.

Radical groups from all parts of the political spectrum like to dress themselves up in other groups' respected symbols. All it means is that the radical groups are insecure.

As for groups having something in common with Nazis... the defining thing about Nazis is not whether they had human DNA or had hair and eyes... the Historically defining thing about Nazis is that they thought so little of other groups that mass murder based on ethnicity seemed like a logical and moral thing to do.

Che? His job was to murder those who disagreed with the Revolution. He was apparently very good at it. Wear your shirt with pride!

I love comedy. Anything for a laugh.

Photoshopping a Nazi suit on someone isn't the least bit funny, but I'm sure it makes some people laugh. I s'pose the Democrats have to play to their audience.

I could give you a long list of personal friends and family that would silently vote against any party who found it entertaining. They all saw the uniforms in person or are offspring of those people. That's what's so stupid about this kinda stuff. Ya get a few people to laugh and in turn, lose a few votes ya never even knew about. People ain't all stupid, but some are stuck on it.

From the fascist left touters of all things that must be PC

OT, but Micheal J Fox is a shaking babbling idiot that was using his condition in a attempt to influence several elections. Rush was right and he did what Rush does. What I find a knee slapper is the fact that he was right. Fox is a idiot that doesn't know what he's talking about, period