Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Presidential Campaign 2008

You might as well decide now who you are going to oppose now before they "wreck the world."

So far on the Republican side Duncan Hunter and John McClain have announced their intentions to run.

On the Democratic side Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack has announced his intentions to run. Other likely Democrats to make a run are John Kerry, John Edwards and everybody's favorite Hillary Clinton.

As we get closer and closer to the primaries obviously more people will announce their intentions to run. Some will be surprises, most will be long anticipated. Anyhoo, you might as well tear the candidates apart before they even put their campaign together because you're not going to warm up to them none in the next two years anyway.

Re: Presidential Campaign 2008

Too early to make any minds up.We still have 2 years to get the feel of what the dems are gonna do or lack there of. Actually I'm hopefull something will get done and hopefull congress on both sides of the fence will get their shit together between now and 2008.

Tom Tacredo.

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    Too early to make any minds up.We still have 2 years to get the feel of what the dems are gonna do or lack there of. Actually I'm hopefull something will get done and hopefull congress on both sides of the fence will get their shit together between now and 2008.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post

I sure dont want this country going into the toilet better yet I dont want someone to pull the flusher.

Kodos for President in 2008.

I have a feeling I'll be voting Libertarian again...

Myself I would be looking at governors the odds favor governors.

Obama or Bayh. Neither which I think will run.

John Edwards is going to be in it somewhere. He had a
    pretty good showing when he ran with J Kerry.

Dutch and I were talking about this in rolleyes. Rudy.
    Frankly, Ive never seen him as a President..but a fine VP

This is pretty surprising. Rudy had given all indications that we he was going to take his sweet ol' time making a decision. Instead, he's out of the gate, and early:
    The former mayor filed papers to create the Rudy Giuliani Presidential Exploratory Committee, Inc., establishing a panel that would allow him to raise money for a White House run and travel the country.
    The four-page filing, obtained by The Associated Press, lists the purpose of the non-profit corporation "to conduct federal 'testing the waters' activity under the Federal Election Campaign Act for Rudy Giuliani."

At this point Im sour on McCain. The more I read? The less I like.

"My long-term readers may recall that I am no member of the Donald Rumsfeld fan club myself, but the calls for his head from US Senators over the phony armor shortage is absurd - especially from Republican Sen. John McCain; I increasingly wonder whether he knows he often seems to disconnect brain from tongue when making the talk shows. McCain's Senate duties have included direct oversight of DOD expenditures since the years of the Clinton administration.
    Yet the Tennessean reported,
    The Pentagon is spending $4.1 billion over the next year to add armor to vehicles in Iraq. [Army Brig. Gen. Jeffrey] Sorenson said 35,000 of them need armored protection, of which 29,000 have been funded by Congress.
    Got that? The Army's funding for armor is 6,000 vehicles short because John McCain won't choke up the money."
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 11-13-2006 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big B-man View Post
    Kodos for President in 2008.
    You suck man, Kang all the way!

Black CoolCases D8000 2 x 120mm fans, RS480M2-IL, Athlon 64 3000+ Venice, 2 x 512 OCZ PC3500, 400W RaidMax PSU w/ 120mm fan. CPU, PSU, & case fans on black Sunbeam rheobus w/ LEDs removed.

If obama runs, he'll probably win the democratic nomination, that should be interesting - I just don't want hillary. Idealy I would want clarke or edwards.

Mitt Romney... he's a governor, won in a blue state already, speaks real well and has presidential looks.
    Michael Steele as a VP... he's great in debates, speaks clearly and has the look, too.
    They both have strong fund raising potential and their names even have nice rings to 'em.
    That's a pairing I'd get behind.

Anyone working in Washington DC, especially congress, will have a tough time because to be blunt, the country is sick and tired of the whole lot. One or the other may be well liked (Edwards and Obama, for example), but even the strongest would be at a huge disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Mitt Romney... he's a governor, won in a blue state already, speaks real well and has presidential looks.
    Michael Steele as a VP... he's great in debates, speaks clearly and has the look, too.
    They both have strong fund raising potential and their names even have nice rings to 'em.
    That's a pairing I'd get behind.

Anyone working in Washington DC, especially congress, will have a tough time because to be blunt, the country is sick and tired of the whole lot. One or the other may be well liked (Edwards and Obama, for example), but even the strongest would be at a huge disadvantage.
    Obama is all about veteran benefits so he could use that as his advantage.

Edwards is going to be associated with Kerry so I think he is done honestly.

Rudy is a good vp candidate but I do not see him as a President.

Steele seems like a decent guy on the outside.

Romney - eh, I am still up in the air.

i don't think edwards will be associated with kerry at all. never really heard that argument