Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Presidential Campaign 2008

Ill tell you what^^^^...hes a whole lot smarter and makes more sense than most of the stooges running so far.

^^^ He's too short and his voice squeeks... other than that, yeah, he's brilliant. I hope Romney signs him onto his campaign.

I agree old Newt is smarter and has better ideas than the rest of the prospectives combined.

His biggest problem would be the media they have conniption fits just looking at him.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    I agree old Newt is smarter and has better ideas than the rest of the prospectives combined.

His biggest problem would be the media they have conniption fits just looking at him.
    He's one of the few politicians that actually makes sense when he talks about stuff. His opinions and views are usually based on something, often history, and his ideas are usually pretty damned logical and "out of the box"... in other words, he really thinks for himself.

But you're right about the media...

^^agree. Hes also not an ass when talks to democrats. Pointed and good grasp of history but never insulting. Maybe the media exposure has taught him

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

^^^Newt has a big skeleton also. Would not play well in the "family values" camp.
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

^^^ Uncle Willy wasn't high in the family values column and he did well, still does as a matter of fact.

Ooopps… I forgot the democrats play the double standards game expertly…
    Last edited by tucker; 11-23-2006 at 07:29 PM.

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

^^^Willy didn't have the religous right as a big part of his party's base like Newt would.
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

^^^ I think you overestimate the power of the religious right. The republican base is far bigger than the religious right and that is pretty apparent when you look at the last election. The main republican deficiencies were Iraq, big spending and illegal immigration in my opinion.
    Last edited by tucker; 11-23-2006 at 07:56 PM.

As far as candidates go, you guys know my feelings towards Billary. I think she's a twit sometimes with her mouth putting her heart on her sleeve, but definately given the choice between Edwards and her, I'd have to choose Hillary.

Sorry, I've lived in NC long enough to know who Edwards is. He only gives a damn when it's convenient, like when an election is coming up. Furthermore, IMO, Edwards as a former ambulance-chasing lawyer will make a perfect party pawn with no intelligent ideas, much like George W. Bush.

Hit up Wikipedia on Hillary Clinton and John Edwards. Big difference. Edwards "personal injury lawyer"= Ambulance chaser. IMO, you couldn't possibly be any lower scum of Lawyerdom. Plus, he's a North Carolina politician, who basically aren't exactly known for being trustworthy, or especially intelligent by any means. Just check out Elizabeth Dole, probably one of the dumbest politicians ever. I can say he was one of the more predominant men for voicing minimum wage increase for NC, but, IMO, that's not really an accomplishment. Not that it isn't needed, just that NC manages to be one of the greedier states in the Union, so it was actually just long overdue. Remember, it wasn't long ago that NC adopted a lower minimum wage for child labor. Ahem.

Sorry, no love for John Edwards. Hillary is coming out in front with the Democrats for a reason. People think bad about Hillary because of scandals, but I think people should read up on what these scandals were. Media hype based around formalities. Period.

That's all I can say about the Democrats. As for Republicans, I didn't know Newt was running. As for independents, it's hard to vote for people not on the ballot.

In conclusion, despite the fact that Hillary lacks the same level experience of personal tragedy (if you read wikipedia on both), I still think persons closer to a human being make better office holders.

Vote Hillary and you get Bill for free!

JOHN, THEN BARACK, THEN TOM, THEN HILLARY... [Byron York]

The KCCI poll, on the Democratic side:
    John Edwards 22%
    Barack Obama 22%
    Tom Vilsack 12%
    Hillary Clinton 10%
    Al Gore 7%
    John Kerry 5%
    Wesley Clark 4%
    Dennis Kucinich 4%
    Joe Biden 1%
    Evan Bayh 1%
    Bill Richardson 1%

Posted at 4:42 PM

IOWA POLL [Byron York]

Some interesting results from a new poll done for KCCI-TV in Des Moines. When Republicans were asked, "If the 2008 Republican caucus were held today, which of the following candidates would you vote for?" these are the results:
    John McCain 27%
    Rudy Giuliani 26%
    Mitt Romney 9%
    Newt Gingrich 7%
    Condi Rice 4%
    George Pataki 1%
    Jeb Bush 1%
    George Allen 1%
    Sam Brownback 1%

Posted at 4:40 PM

I thought I heard Jim Gilmore of Va was thinking about
    entering. Seems like a lot want a pc of the pie.

Hope this link works. Dennis Miller on Obama and the Clintons

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player...News&166&&&new

^^he wasnt too far off

from todays news

The participants said that she considered Mr. Obama as her biggest obstacle to the nomination, but that she believed the threat of his candidacy would diminish as voters learned how inexperienced he was in government and foreign affairs. Without mentioning Mr. Obama by name, Mrs. Clinton and her camp are asserting that experience will be a major attribute for any successful candidate during difficult times, an argument that her team will no doubt make in a stronger way against Mr. Obama if they both jump into the race.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 01-04-2007 at 12:09 PM.