Al Qaeda Sends a Message to Democrats

Al Qaeda Sends a Message to Democrats
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...da_sends_.html
    ABC News by Brian Ross and Hoda Osman

(Excerpt)

Al Qaeda has sent a message to leaders of the Democratic party that credit for the defeat of congressional Republicans belongs to the terrorists.

In a portion of the tape from al Qaeda No. 2 man, Ayman al Zawahri, made available only today, Zawahri says he has two messages for American Democrats.

"The first is that you aren't the ones who won the midterm elections, nor are the Republicans the ones who lost. Rather, the Mujahideen -- the Muslim Ummah's vanguard in Afghanistan and Iraq -- are the ones who won, and the American forces and their Crusader allies are the ones who lost," Zawahri said, according to a full transcript obtained by ABC News.

Zawahri calls on the Democrats to negotiate with him and Osama bin Laden, not others in the Islamic world who Zawahri says cannot help.

"And if you don't refrain from the foolish American policy of backing Israel, occupying the lands of Islam and stealing the treasures of the Muslims, then await the same fate," he said.
    BBC: Undercover UK Mosque
    Part 1Part 2
    Part 3Part 4
    Part 5Part 6

Re: Al Qaeda Sends a Message to Democrats

and how "sporting" to give us 30 days...

Al-Qaeda offers US safe passage from Iraq

• <LI class=byline>From correspondents in Dubai
    • December 23, 2006

THE head of an al-Qaeda-dominated group in Iraq offered to give US troops a month to pull out free of attack in an audiotape posted on the internet overnight and demanded an answer within two weeks.

Abu Omar al-Baghdadi also charged that Washington had attempted to open communications through Saudi intermediaries but said he had rebuffed the overture, in the voice recording whose authenticity could not immediately be verified.

"We are offering you the opportunity to withdraw your troops in complete safety and we are expecting your response within two weeks,'' said the voice purporting to be that of Baghdadi, leader of a self-proclaimed Islamic emirate in western and north-central Iraq that is dominated by al-Qaeda supporters.

"We appeal to President George W. Bush to seize this historic opportunity which should allow your troops to pull out in safety,'' it said.

Bush has faced intense political pressure to overhaul his Iraq policy, following the rout of his Republican party in mid-term elections, rock-bottom approval of his management of the Iraq war and mounting US combat deaths.

A policy review by the Iraq Study Group, a bi-partisan panel, recommended that all frontline US troops be withdrawn by early 2008.

But Mr Bush made it clear Wednesday that he was opposed to any precipitate withdrawal from Iraq and that in the short term US troop numbers might even rise.

"I want the enemy to understand that this is a tough task, but they can't run us out of the Middle East; that they can't intimidate America,'' he said.

The voice recording also charged that US officials had made contact with the al-Qaeda front organization through Saudi intermediaries in a bid to open up communication but said that the overture had been rebuffed.

"The giant has begun to collapse and is seeking to negotiate through various parties, particularly through its agents,'' it said.

"It conveyed to us through the Saud family (the royal family in Saudi Arabia), the dictators of the (Arabian) peninsula, its desire (to negotiate), claiming already to have sat down with all parties apart from us.

"But we told it: 'We don't negotiate with those who have shed the blood of our children'.''

US officials have expressed readiness to open up communications with insurgent groups in Iraq but have always excluded those with links to al-Qaeda.

q is, whens the war gonna end?

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
    q is, whens the war gonna end?
    Please to show me where ANY war had a pre-planned end date... It's over when it's over.

Ace makes the piont I was wondering about:

Wait, I'm confused. I've been endlessly assured that Al Qaeda benefits from out presence in Iraq -- "the greatest recruitment tool bin Ladin ever had," etc. -- so I'm baffled why they'd want to end that gravy-train.
    Last edited by AMDScooter; 12-22-2006 at 05:48 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

They want us out cause they're getting their asses handed to them.
    Nuke em'.

uhh...right

From the tapes:

Zawahiri yammers on about "Palestine," as you would expect. This formulation, though, is interesting:
    And the second of these facts is that the recovery of every land which was once a land of Islam is the personal duty of every Muslim. Therefore, as Muslims, we cannot possibly concede to Israel so much as a hand-span of Palestine, and there is no difference as far as we are concerned between Palestine 1948 and Palestine 1967: all of it is Palestine and all of it belongs to the Muslims....
    Bear in mind that the "land which was once a land of Islam" includes much of the Balkans, all of Spain, and a good bit of France.

Why do they want you out of Iraq? That's a question I seem to have read here.
    Well aren't they fighting you from the moment you set foot in Iraq? They aren't just doing that for fun now are they?
    Whisper Performance setup:
    Asus Maximus Formula (X38)
    Asus Geforce EN8800GT
    Intel Q6600 3720 Mhz 1.45v.
    2x 74Gb WD Raptors RAID-0
    WinXP Pro SP2
    Eheim 1048 // Apogee GT // Black Ice GT Stealth 240 XFlow
    TT Mozart Tx

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf2000me View Post
    They aren't just doing that for fun now are they?
    For many of them I think it is fun. They're having the time of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz View Post
    uhh...right
    Well, uh, if we weren't killing them, would they still want us out?
    Nuke em'.

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post
    Maybe so. Some of them probably are, but that doesn't mean they haven't been wanting to get US troops out of there from day 1.
    Whisper Performance setup:
    Asus Maximus Formula (X38)
    Asus Geforce EN8800GT
    Intel Q6600 3720 Mhz 1.45v.
    2x 74Gb WD Raptors RAID-0
    WinXP Pro SP2
    Eheim 1048 // Apogee GT // Black Ice GT Stealth 240 XFlow
    TT Mozart Tx

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post
    Yea, I don't think most of them have tv or internet yet. When it comes right down to it, what else is there to do on a Saturday afternoon? Might as well set up some roadside bombs or have your woman make you some masks so you can go get a hostage or two.

I say we end this war semi-peacefully. We let Starbucks into Iraq. The terrorists will hate it and start bombing them immediately. This will be all for naught though as once one Starbucks gets destroyed, there will be at least 3 others that immediately pop up to take it's place. This can conceivably go on for infinity or until the terrorists realize it's impossible to win and they just give up.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Well, uh, if we weren't killing them, would they still want us out?
    THey're not getting their "asses handed to them" by any stretch of the imagination. To say that is a complete delusion. Are we killing them, yes, are they getting their asses handed to them in this war, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz View Post
    THey're not getting their "asses handed to them" by any stretch of the imagination. To say that is a complete delusion. Are we killing them, yes, are they getting their asses handed to them in this war, no.
    ^^ The TLR/CNN correspondent with a live report from the Green Zone in Baghdad; thanks and stay safe wiz…

I think it just might depend on what aspect of the war one is talking about. If you’re talking about roadside bombs, IEDs’, suicide bombers or hit and run attacks on civilians I wouldn’t say the Islamofacists are getting their ass handed to them.

But on the other hand if you are talking about direct combat when the basturds choose to stand and fight or are trapped and can’t run I would suspect they are getting their ass handed to them in a turban.