Page 15 of 140 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 2091
  1. #211
    Joined
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    48
    Posts
    13,852

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    Hey scruff,

    Those last 2 pics don't look in focus, does the camera beep before you press the button all the way!
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro

  2. #212
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay See Bee View Post
    Hey scruff,

    Those last 2 pics don't look in focus, does the camera beep before you press the button all the way!
    Sorry it took awhile to respond, but i had company drop by. They just left. Yeah, it`s out of focus. I was i manual mode. I think i need to adjust my eye-piece. Going to play around with the camera for the next two weeks.

  3. #213
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Yermo, CA, USA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,946

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff35 View Post
    Sorry it took awhile to respond, but i had company drop by. They just left. Yeah, it`s out of focus. I was i manual mode. I think i need to adjust my eye-piece. Going to play around with the camera for the next two weeks.
    Yeah, Ok Col Klink, You can go adjust Your monocle.

    Just Kidding scruff, The pics looked fine to Me and where are they out of focus?

  4. #214
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    Some more shots from earlier today.





    And check this one out. Man that 430EX flash works good.


  5. #215
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    What lens were you using on those there Scruff?

    Ya know you've got me looking around now trying to see what I take macro shots of.

  6. #216
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    What lens were you using on those there Scruff?

    Ya know you've got me looking around now trying to see what I take macro shots of.
    This lens SP.

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0502/05...s60mmmacro.asp

    I`m really liking the macro thing. It`s fun. Got to get a micro tripod. Something to get me as close as 4-6 inches from my subject.

    Comeon SP, let`s see some macro shots.
    Last edited by scruff35; 03-01-2007 at 08:22 PM.

  7. #217
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    Cool I didn't know you had a Canon Macro.

    That's a nifty looking lens. I bet ya it would also take some decent portrate shots too.



    Ok, here's a little one I just took...

    Now, what is it?

    BTW: I croped it to 800 x 600 to make it difficult.

  8. #218
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    Cool I didn't know you had a Canon Macro.

    That's a nifty looking lens. I bet ya it would also take some decent portrate shots too.



    Ok, here's a little one I just took...

    Now, what is it?

    BTW: I croped it to 800 x 600 to make it difficult.
    I have the macro, the 17-85 f/4-5.6 IS USM, and the 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM.

    I`m going to guess, the bottom of a cpu, or a hairbrush.

  9. #219
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    Oh, did I ever show you all that old pump organ my dad and I worked on last month? I think I promised some pics but only showed a couple.

    Well here's a link to the gallery of organ shots my Spankin Partier website. That really doesn't sound good!

    http://spankinpartier.com/thumbnails.php?album=44

    You'll see my dad in a couple of the shots. I'm still amazed at the technological art it took to make those things.

  10. #220
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    I`m going to check all your pictures tomorrow. I`m up for work in a little over 5 hours. Took a quick look at your site and it`s got my intrest, so i`ll pick up where i left off later. Night for now. Have a good one all.

    Nice shot by the way.

  11. #221
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff35 View Post
    I have the macro, the 17-85 f/4-5.6 IS USM, and the 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM.
    Well, I guess you're going to dive right into macro photograph with both feet then, eh!

    I`m going to guess, the bottom of a cpu, or a hairbrush.
    Yep, here's a reduced image of the full pic:


    Now what type of CPU is it!



    It's an old XP 2200+ that I had a motherboard burn up on me. Thought I purchased a bad CPU for my brand new crunchers I was building a few years back, so I swapped with another CPU I had (the one in the picture) and it turned out it was the motherboard that was wrecking the CPUs. The funny thing is, I returned the board and original CPU to the store where first thing they did was try another CPU in it. I told him not to, but he wanted to see for him self. Sure enough, that board ate it's third CPU. I'm telling you, that mb was hungry!

  12. #222
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    G'night Scruff!

  13. #223
    Fluff n Stuff's Avatar
    Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪
    Joined
    May 2001
    Location
    South Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    12,389

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    Oh, did I ever show you all that old pump organ my dad and I worked on last month? I think I promised some pics but only showed a couple.

    Well here's a link to the gallery of organ shots my Spankin Partier website. That really doesn't sound good!

    http://spankinpartier.com/thumbnails.php?album=44

    You'll see my dad in a couple of the shots. I'm still amazed at the technological art it took to make those things.
    Where's the "TUTTI" ?!? It ain't an Organ 'less it's got a TUTTI stop 'nStuff.

    Just yankin' ya... man, what amazing work... did you have to manufacture many parts to get it going again, or was it just a strip 'n stain?

    Amazing piece... I'd love to hear it... any mp3 clips?



  14. #224
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Yermo, CA, USA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,946

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    Well, I guess you're going to dive right into macro photograph with both feet then, eh!


    Yep, here's a reduced image of the full pic:


    Now what type of CPU is it!



    It's an old XP 2200+ that I had a motherboard burn up on me. Thought I purchased a bad CPU for my brand new crunchers I was building a few years back, so I swapped with another CPU I had (the one in the picture) and it turned out it was the motherboard that was wrecking the CPUs. The funny thing is, I returned the board and original CPU to the store where first thing they did was try another CPU in it. I told him not to, but he wanted to see for him self. Sure enough, that board ate it's third CPU. I'm telling you, that mb was hungry!
    I guess that motherboard liked a silicon diet.
    Oh and Yeah I knew It was a cpu, You should have gotten closer as that was too easy.

  15. #225
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: To our resident camera buffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff View Post
    Where's the "TUTTI" ?!? It ain't an Organ 'less it's got a TUTTI stop 'nStuff.

    Just yankin' ya... man, what amazing work... did you have to manufacture many parts to get it going again, or was it just a strip 'n stain?

    Amazing piece... I'd love to hear it... any mp3 clips?
    No, it was just a disassemble, clean up, reassemble. We left all the original finishes. Just cleaned up any stains and such. Personally I'd rather it look like a 'loved' century old piece then something that's brand new. Also, it's probably work more this way as we don't have the skills/materials to properly restore it.

    The biggest problem we had were the reeds. They were so full of dust/dirt most of them wouldn't sing. After cleaning them up we just have some issues with a few sticky keys. But hopefully they'll work in. If not, we may have to look at getting a hold of some graphite or Teflon lubrication for pianos.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •