Page 53 of 140 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Re: To our resident camera buffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    I like seeing images where people try to find different, unusual perspectives of things. The wooden 'boarder' is something you wouldn't see everywhere.

Wow what a sunset!!!

I'd seriously look at framing that tree pic! Great way to set up the frame. Just if you do hang it up, make sure you don't cut any of the left side of that pic. I wouldn't want to cut off any of the tree by the picture frame it's self.

If cutting of the edge is necessary, I'd consider Photochopping out the branch that extends to the far left. This way it'll appear as if the whole tree is in the picture.
    Thanks, SP, it means a lot to me.

I love that tree, photograph it everytime I'm there.

Some more I recently processed:

Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

I really tried (can you tell?? ) to capture the pelicans and the Lighthouse. One didn't move, but waws pretty far away. The other(s) moved constantly and were really shy!

Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

This just was a perspective I couldn't pass up!

Spoiler!

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Love the shots, UB... and yeah, the tree is MY favorite, too!

I should have some pics to post tomorrow... I was down in the Redwoods, and got some sunset shots from the South Oregon beaches. No lighthouse, though... :shrug:

Redwoods....now there's a tree!! Did you go (P)Coastal or Giant Sequoia?

Spoiler!

Coastal. We were in Mt. Shasta, so we drove north to Grants Pass, and then down from there to Klamath, CA and the Redwoods at Prairie Creek... took a bunch of shots bracketed in .cr2 format; each group is 30MB per photo. I expect to join them in an HDR image, but not yet... it would choke this computer. I'll dress up some .jpegs for this thread for now, and do the big stuff on the new Quad Unit I've been working out over here. More incentive to place that big ol' order 'nStuff!

Get to clickin!! You'll love the change it makes, quads rock!!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff View Post
    Coastal. We were in Mt. Shasta, so we drove north to Grants Pass, and then down from there to Klamath, CA and the Redwoods at Prairie Creek... took a bunch of shots bracketed in .cr2 format; each group is 30MB per photo. I expect to join them in an HDR image, but not yet... it would choke this computer. I'll dress up some .jpegs for this thread for now, and do the big stuff on the new Quad Unit I've been working out over here. More incentive to place that big ol' order 'nStuff!

LOL only a 250 GB drive for photos and editiing? I was looking at the 7200.10 500 GB
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

There's a pair of 'em, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff View Post
    There's a pair of 'em, man!
    The sweet spot is 500GB right now!

You can always add 1 or 2 of them later
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro

I need to purchase a digital camera for taking snap shots, nothing fancy. I this a good choice?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830180091

Don't want to spend more then $200 max.

Thanks in advance..................
    Life’s Trail is long and steep & only gets Steeper!

Quote Originally Posted by LostInTennessee View Post
    I need to purchase a digital camera for taking snap shots, nothing fancy. I this a good choice?

It is indeed... for that price range it is a fine choice. AA batteries... SD memory... Anti-shake... 37-222mm lens (equivalent to the 35mm lens' view)...
    If you want to use manual controls, you are going to be frustrated; it is one of those cameras with 'pre-set' settings for shutter speed/f-stop/ISO, but Panasonic is pretty good at that stuff.

I bought a Panasonic for my Mom that was very close to this model, and she loves it. Takes great shots for the computer or up to 5x7" prints. For shots blown up to 8x10" you will see some real grain in the background, but as long as it is bright outside it is fairly minimal all things considered.

For what you want to do, it's a steal 'nStuff. Let us see some shots from it after you get some!

Here's a couple of pics, Sorry about being indoor photos, But anything outside that's good looking is too far away right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LostInTennessee View Post

I tend to advocate Sony or Canon. The menu system is just so friendly and easy to use. If possible, get a Canon SDxxx model. The A-models are very good. I think you might be able to get one for $200 with anti-shake...i'm not sure...they came out with a bunch of new models so the older ones should cost less.

That panasonic has more than enough zoom. I find 3x is adequate, 4x is nice, but 6x is a plus.
    Intel E6750 C2D
    400x8 (3.2GHz) 32C idle/58C Load @ stock 1.31V/HSF | Gigabyte DS3R Rev 1 bios F13 | OCZ XTC Rev 2 @4-4-4-15 | Antec Sonata 3 500W | Palit 8800GT driver v.169.21 | WD 500GB | 22" 226BW | Logitech x-540 5.1

AMD64 (754) 3000+ @2GHz |
    | ASUS K8N-E DLX BIOS 1.11 | 512x 2 OCZ Premier DDR400 2.5-3-3-7 | Antec Sonata 380W | 9600 Pro 128MB | 19" 930B

We'll I finally decided and went with the Olympus Evolt E-510. Got it about 2 weeks ago and still learning. Here are a couple of shots.

The first is the hole in Lexington Ave NYC after the big steam explosion. Couldn't get any closer.

Next one is one of the nearby buildings with alot of the windows bordered up

couldn't pass up this one of the baby getting eatin by a cupcake at Sesame Place

If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.