Page 8 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Re: To our resident camera buffs...

Glad you had the hatches battened, Fluff!! It got you guys South worse than us up North (for once!)
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by chrispycrunch View Post
    Is there a photographic opportunity somewhere there?
    Yeah, a few... but a bunch of tree stuff covering the road looks like... a field. After a while, the allure of the fallen tree becomes boring. Besides, the only time I went out I was working, and MUCH too busy trying to avoid hazards to spend any time with the camera.

One of those times that a point 'nShoot would have been better than my DSLR for sure.

Picked up a new lens the other day. It's a Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG MACRO.

It was a bit of a rush purchase. I had to make up my mind before I left for my folks place and this one sorta caught my eye. I've been playing around with it for a bit. But I haven't been 100% happy with it yet. Maybe I was just spoiled with Canon original lenses. I just sorta wish it would allow Macro in it's full zoom range. It only allows for Macro in the 200-300mm range. Sometimes it's nice to actually get close to the subject rather then just zooming into the subject.

Also the focusing works on at snails pace compared to my Canon lenses.

It's the same Sigma lens I was playing with earlier in the year. But I think this one has slightly better optics.

But for the price, and the fact that work bought it for me which makes the price even better, it's not too bad. But time will tell.

Right on... let us know how it compares after you get used to it 'nStuff!

Here`s some pictures of one of the completed bathrooms(upstairs). Just some small stuff to finish off.

Last edited by scruff35; 12-27-2006 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff35 View Post
    Here`s some pictures of one of the completed bathrooms(upstairs). Just some small stuff to finish off.

My that is nice scruff, I wish My bath looked as good, but Mine is functional at least.

Quote Originally Posted by JokerCPoC View Post
    My that is nice scruff, I wish My bath looked as good, but Mine is functional at least.
    Thanks Joker. The wife wanted a jet tub, so since i was having the bathroom updated i said it was not much more to have a jet tub vs. a regular tub. Bathroom downstairs is pretty close to the upstairs. Except it will have a all tiled 3` X 6` shower instead of a tub. Plus i had some walls moved to make a bigger bathroom. Plus some other stuff slated for downstairs.

So, hey, Trout...

How's the better half like her camera?

Dunno fluff, she's been swamped with year end billing n'stuff, hasn't had time to play with it yet.

My priorities would be somewhat different, but that's the way it goes.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Well, first chance you get, you'll have to take her for a car ride and make sure she's got her equipment with her. Then be sure to stop at a few places to play around.

Also, don't be worried if the sky is overcast. Overcast skies usially give much better lighting photography then full sun. So don't let her use that as an excuse not to go!

--------

I hope Christmas was good for everyone. I got a few UV filters for my a couple of lenses that didn't have them. I'm glad I've got them. Now I don't have to worry as much about the lenses getting scratched as the filter (realatively cheep compaired to the price of the lenses they are on) will take the abuse and can be replaced if needed.

Today I picked up a polarized filter as well. I'm interested to see what I can do with it. It's supposted to help out with pictures at a beach as you can limit the sun's reflection off of the water, and it should help the sky to look more vivid, and really bring out the detail of some clouds. The clerk in the store suggested that I pick up a circular polarizer rather then a plain polarizer as the circular type works better with SLR and DSLR cameras. He said plain polarizers can cause problems with the autofocusing and/or light metering.

I also got my self a wired remote to aid with long exposure, tripod work. This way pushing the shutter button on the remote will not shake the camera as pushing the shutter button on camera body does. A lesson I learned when I was in Montreal photographing inside the Cathedral.

True dat for the circular polarizer... mandatory with digital cameras. Parallel polarizers (or whatever they are called!) work for film, but you get a moire pattern with digital because the pixel elements on the camera are aligned... Circular Polarizers are the only way to go.

It will force you to 'open up' the f-stop or slow down the shutter speed, but you get more contrast and saturation... as well as less reflection. Be sure to rotate it to get the best use; if you have a less expensive one you may end up with a big dark splotch in the sky if you only have it half polarized!

Spankin Partier, hope you'll be posting some of your pics with your new filters. I'd like to see how they benefit your shots. X-Mas has been slow for me - i did not buy any gizmos this year as I was stuck in a circular loop trying to decide between an SLR (sony a100 since I have minolta parts) and a nice point and shoot (canon g7, a710). There's a great lot of sites and forums discussing not only camera equipment but photo technique. Even flickr, the photo sharing site, is great for seeing people's camera and their work! None talk about slr filters though
    Intel E6750 C2D
    400x8 (3.2GHz) 32C idle/58C Load @ stock 1.31V/HSF | Gigabyte DS3R Rev 1 bios F13 | OCZ XTC Rev 2 @4-4-4-15 | Antec Sonata 3 500W | Palit 8800GT driver v.169.21 | WD 500GB | 22" 226BW | Logitech x-540 5.1

AMD64 (754) 3000+ @2GHz |
    | ASUS K8N-E DLX BIOS 1.11 | 512x 2 OCZ Premier DDR400 2.5-3-3-7 | Antec Sonata 380W | 9600 Pro 128MB | 19" 930B

I think i`ve found a new planet!!!!! No really it`s my first failed attempt at taking a shot of the moon. Still kind of looks cool though. Ok Fluff, or SP. Why was i getting a double image? I have a UV filter on, should have i removed it? Used a cheapy tripod(don`t tell the wife as it`s her`s). Tried ISO 1600, and 800. Various shutter speeds, but still a no go. TIA. Night shots is something that i have never tried till now.

whatcha have there my freind is a reflection of the moon! A mirror image, that is. I think it's an advanced form of lens flare; didja crop that photo at all?

Solve the problem by centering the moon in the frame. Oh, and stop it down by, say, 6 stops or so. Shoot the moon so it comes out dark, then lighten it afterwards. In digital, you shoot something too bright and the detail is gone forever, but if you shoot too dark, the image can be adjusted.

Somebody needs to shred my credit cards... I just ordered a 100GB photo wallet! It's basically a laptop Harddrive with some rudimentary programming... shows video and plays MP3's; but best of all it can take the images right off of my 5D, even the CR2 raw files! Ugly little sucker, though. It's called the Wolverine ESP, and Costco has the 100GB version for $399.

Not content with that, I'm looking at getting a new tripod/head pair... and that Carbon Fiber set topped by the grip action head is starting to really tempt me 'nStuff...

Somebody... stop me before I spend again!