Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cheap Cat5e and Cat6 cables. 30% off and free shipping!

As copied from Techbargains:

PCMicrostore has 30% Off & free shipping on Pcms 1/3/5/7/10/14/25/50/100 ft RJ45 Cat5e molded network cable. 7 Color choices. Free ground shipping on cables (except 100ft.)

Additional 30% off by mentioning "30%PCMSCAT5TechBargains" in the customer comments field during checkout. They will manually deduct 30% off your entire purchase of Pcms cat5 cables. (Offer valid through 11/21 on Pcms cat5 only.)

I just got quite a few cables from this place. I paid .70 shipped for 1ft. cables to go between my modem and router, router and phone router, and router and switch. It really cleans up the area by getting rid of all those long cables I was using before.

This is the cheapest place I've seen for Cat5e and Cat6 cables.

EDIT: As of 11-23-06 I still see they are offering free shipping on these cables. I don't know if the 30% off code above still works or not though.

www.pcmicrostore.com
    Last edited by kbohip; 11-30-2006 at 01:17 PM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Re: Cheap Cat5e cables. 30% off and free shipping!

wow,nice! the cheapest i could find here was like 50 bucks for a bucket,forgot how many feet but it was like 30 pounds lol.
    dan

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Yea, these seem to be very high quality cables too from the two different orders I've received from them. I just got some Cat6 cables in yesterday. I've never used Cat6 before and I was surprised how much thicker than Cat5's they are.

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

When I finished my basement I bought all my Cat6 cable and accessories from this place. Was very cheap at the time. I haven't really checked lately. Might be worth a look if you are shopping.

http://www.deepsurplus.com/
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

holy sh*t batman!
    cables priced VERY nicely!!
    thanks kbohip. when i grow up, i wanna be just like you dude!

I've been buying various cables from PCMicrostore.com for the past year. They offer free shipping on a good portion of their items. I've never had any problems with them so far and all of the cables have been of good quality (and definately a bargain at the price they charge). Do be carfull of the free shipping option as it does tend to be the slowest option available and can take several days to arrive. If you need the item quickly, you might want to upgrade to a different shipping option as it might take a week or more to arrive depending on your location.

Mr. Novi
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.

I just noticed they now have 1' Cat5 cables for 50 cents...with free shipping! That's pretty much 11 cents for the cable considering the stamp alone will cost them 39 cents.

http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDeta...x?q=p:10502357

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    When I finished my basement I bought all my Cat6 cable and accessories from this place. Was very cheap at the time. I haven't really checked lately. Might be worth a look if you are shopping.

http://www.deepsurplus.com/
    thanks lenny. checked it out. very nice prices. ordered some cat6 this evening. will be doing some more shopping there in the future.
    hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W View Post
    thanks lenny. checked it out. very nice prices. ordered some cat6 this evening. will be doing some more shopping there in the future.
    Cool. I've got my entire finished basement wired in their Cat6. Never had a problem.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Everyone should learn how to make your own cables. You can buy 1000ft spools for around $45 and connectors for $20. You can make cables till your are blue in the face

Re: Cheap Cat5e and Cat6 cables. 30% off and free shipping!

When I wired my basement while it was being finished I took a shortcut. I measured the distances I needed from the main switch to each wall outlet and then bought a patch cable (with connectors already on both sides) twice that length. Then I cut the cable in half so that I had two equal length cables with a connector on one end and bare wires on the other end. The connectors plug directly into the main switch and the bare wires connected to the keystone jacks in the wall outlets (2 per wall plate). This way I had no need to crimp on the connectors which I heard could be problematic and you need a special tool to do it. The entire wiring project wasn't all that expensive as I recall because the CAT6 cables were so cheap from deepsurplus.com.

This is what the main switch looked like when I was done. It's located in a closet in the basement up on a shelf near the ceiling. The cable modem is there now also on the shelf but I only recently relocated there so it's not in this pic.

Looks good Len.
    i7 8700K with Cooler Master T4
    Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
    16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR4
    MSI 1080GTX TI DUKE
    WD 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB
    EVGA 750W Gold PSU
    Antec DF-85 Case

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Cool. I've got my entire finished basement wired in their Cat6. Never had a problem.
    nice. no problems so far. i ordered yesterday evening. got the confirmaiton in my inbox today with tracking numbers. so far no hassle. book marked the place for future visits as i do intend to buy cabling in bulk with the tools and everything needed to make my own.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsoul View Post
    Everyone should learn how to make your own cables. You can buy 1000ft spools for around $45 and connectors for $20. You can make cables till your are blue in the face
    i know how to make them. just too lazy (and am lacking all the necessary tools).
    hmm...

If you're going to make your own, make sure you get a good quality crimping tool (they can be expensive). I initially bought a cheap crimper and didn't have much luck crimping the connectors - ended up with some unreliable cables, but with a decent crimping tool I had no problems. A cat5 tester is also worth it if you're making a lot of cables.

However, recently I've found pre-terminated cables to be so cheap, it's just not worth making your own unless you want very long runs that aren't standard stock.

Why would you need cat6 if your internet connection might not even reach a true 50Mbps?