Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: "I support the troops, but not the war"

Isolationalism thats the answer.

This isolationist tendency led to the imposition of tariffs, thought to be a significant factor in causing the Great Depression.
    Last edited by /\/\adGamer; 12-01-2006 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    Isolationalism thats the answer.

This isolationist tendency led to the imposition of tariffs, thought to be a significant factor in causing the Great Depression.
    Who said anything about economic isolationism? I can't remember where it said we need military bases all over the world and armies fighting in wars we can't win in order to have free trade.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

I guess we can just snub our nose to all our friends and allies but that would be uterly stupid and its not going to happen. The isolationalism you speak of would most likely lead to economic isolation.

Why would pulling our bases out of their country's be considered snubbing our noses at them? It seems to me they'd like us out of their countries anyway. We got a pretty good idea of how helpful our "allies" are with the Iraq war. They weren't too concerned about snubbing their noses at us. It's funny, we don't have a problem buying and doing a hell of a lot of business with China, and yet we don't have any bases there. Come to think of it, how does China do so much business with the rest of the world when they don't have any bases in all those countries. Their foreign policy is pretty non-existent as well.

No one will ever convince me that having our soldiers all over the world makes good economic sense, unless of course we're just there to scare them into doing business with us the Roman way.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19