Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Youre PERSONAL recomendations for head phoens

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsoul View Post
    Can't go wrong with any of the recommendations thus far.

I will add the Grado SR-60 to the recommendations. A great set of headphones that is still the best buy for less than $70.

Sennheiser 280 Pro's, and 580 Precision are both great for computer use.
    I agree..to this I would add the Senn 595. I still use my Sr-60

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsoul View Post
    Can't go wrong with any of the recommendations thus far.

I will add the Grado SR-60 to the recommendations. A great set of headphones that is still the best buy for less than $70.

Sennheiser 280 Pro's, and 580 Precision are both great for computer use.
    Ooooh. The Grado SR-60s. Great sound for so cheap. Very different from the Sennheiser HD595 sound, but still very clear and warmer...

The SR-60s might not be as sturdy as the indestructible Sennheisers, but then, they sound like shit compared to any open headphones.

I'd spend atleast $60 on heavy headphones... Otherwise go for small ones, or you'll loose out on sound (you get what you pay for).

Q9300 with 4 GB DDR2 1066 RAM
    UltraSharp 2408WFP (needs to be RMA'ed) on GeForce GTX 285 on two 18 amp 12V lines
    Audigy X-Fi Fatal1ty w/ Logitech Z-5500 & Sennheiser HD 280 Pro and HD 595
    plus the usual stuff in a poorly designed Antec P180 PW case

I would have to wrap the grado in velevet or something similar. That bar just is not comfortable (even bent). Then again for the few minutes I use them the sound was pretty good - much better than the hd280 (which I can't stand). Still I'm very happy with the hd555. If I had to do it all over again I think i would stick with the hd555

I've been very happy with Sony MDR-V600 headphones. Very comfortable for me for long periods on the computer or watching movies at night. Enclosed so the noise doesn't wake others. A little more bass heavy than Sennheisers. No structural problems after years of use, but the material on the pad does wear out after 3 years of heavy use.

Don't purchase blind! Take these recommendations and listen to the phones yourself. I almost bought a higher priced Sennheiser set and after listening to them, I decided I liked the Sony's a lot more for sound and comfort.
    Athlon XP 2400+- Giga-Byte GA-7DXR F10a BIOS Alpha 8045 w/ L1A blowing ||| Enlight 7237 w/ 430W Antec True Power 2 Intake 7V L1A's in front 1 Exhaust L1A in back ||| 512MB Crucial DDR Registered ECC 16-8-8-2-6-2-2 ||| Sony DRU-10 ||| Lite-On 106 ||| Samsung SP1614N ||| Leadtek Ti4400 (removed fans & use Zalman FB123 w/92mm on quiet) IRQ 10 ||| Linksys LNE100TX IRQ 7 PCI#5 ||| Turtle Beach Santa Cruz IRQ 5 ||| WinXP Pro