Got a gift I already have, want to exchange it at a store

My cousin from CA (I'm in MD) sent me God of War and Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2. I already have Shadow of the Colossus, but she didn't send any receipts. Does anyone know of stores accepting exchanges for store credit or something like that without a receipt? I know CompUSA last year would give store credit for something without a receipt...

Re: Got a gift I already have, want to exchange it at a store

bump

Did anyone head out shopping/returning yesterday?

Can't say I did, but maybe if you didn't take the shrink wrap off, you might be able to return it to the store?

How strange..I was just reading about this..
    http://www.yahoo.com/s/468612

"Each year at holiday time, retailers examine their return policies and make changes based on their experiences with their customers," says Joseph LaRocca, vice president of loss prevention at the National Retail Federation, a trade group. Many stores are getting stricter, primarily by employing computerized authorization systems to track and limit returns. The goal is to curb fraudulent returns, although innocent consumers can easily get snagged by those systems.
    I hope you have better luck..

As long as you know what store they got it from you shouldn't have any problems returning them for at least store credit as long as you haven't taken the shrink wrap off.
    EVGA 790i Ultra Motherboard
    Intel Q9300
    EVGA Geforce GTX260
    750GB Hitachi SATA HD
    250 GB Maxtor Ultra 16 SATA HD
    200 GB Western Digital SE PATA HD
    Samsung DVDRW
    Antec 850w PSU
    Antec P160 Case

As long as it's unopened, almost any store will give you store credit without a receipt. It's very commn; it happens more times than number of digits in Jimz' age (and that's a lot)
    Do you wanna know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little... emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

Quote Originally Posted by salutethyshorts View Post
    As long as it's unopened, almost any store will give you store credit without a receipt. It's very commn; it happens more times than number of digits in Jimz' age (and that's a lot)
    lol

God of War is awesome, Got it on my PS2. Some stores do credit if you want to buy a new game however the amount you get for it is questionable, perhaps its low and perhaps I'd get more if I sold it on an ebay like web site.

without a receipt, and as long as the package is un-opened, you will get the lowest price for the item the store ever sold it for (So yoiu will get store credit for the lowest sale price ever on the game)

thats how many of the stores should handle your return.

at xmas time alot of stores are more forgiving on this sort of stuff, but.... act fast because many only have a limited window of opportunity where you can get full price credit for it, now if it has gone clearance in that particular store you may not be so lucky, so act fast

on another note, it is a video game so places like ebgames etc.. .might be your best bet for trading etc...

good luck
    Low Speed, High Drag!
    Formerly a team 734 Folding Frog. (Might start up again soon)

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")