Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Angry The Pet Peeves Bar

I started this thread so we could whine about stupid crap.

I'll start off with our national anthem.

For once I'd like to see a singer do a modest performance of this song, but it seems that everyone thinks they'll be the next Mariah Carey if they can get squeeze 10 different octaves in one syllable and ruin the song.

Feel free to add your own

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Re: The Pet Peeves Bar

i dont liek steve vai,dude pisses me off

seriously...lemme see..hmm....in general? well there are a few things but right now its : "why the buck do dentists gotta go in vacation ?" mine comes back in january,til lthen its teh er or else

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

i dread hearing pop singers sing the national anthem.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

the word "issue"

Talking heads on the news. Mindless people that laddle out god awfull information with a smile. How can you talk about a child that drown in an unfenced pool then jump to a food drive in one breath.
    Some of this trama is flat none of my biz and I feel for the folks that get splattered all over your tube.

I make my living off the evening news
    Just give me something-something I can use
    People love it when you lose
    They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here
    I just have to look good, I dont have to be clear
    Come and whisper in my ear
    Give us dirty laundry

Kick em when theyre up
    Kick em when theyre down
    Kick em when theyre up
    Kick em when theyre down
    Kick em all around

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who comes on at five
    She can tell you bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
    Its interesting when people die
    Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation?
    Is the head dead yet?
    You know, the boys in the newsroom got a running beat
    Get the widow on the set
    We need dirty laundry

You dont really need to find out whats going on
    You dont really want to know just how far its gone
    Just leave well enough alone
    Eat your dirty laundry

Kick em when theyre up
    Kick em when theyre down
    Kick em when theyre up
    Kick em when theyre down
    Kick em when theyre stiff
    Kick em all around

Dirty little secrets
    Dirty little lies
    We got our dirty little fingers in everybodys pie
    We love to cut you down to size
    We love dirty laundry

We can do the innuendo
    We can dance and sing
    When its said and done we have'nt told you a thing
    We all know that crap is king
    Give us dirty laundry

Man that took a long time to clean up...gotta watch who I steal from
    Last edited by bete; 12-27-2006 at 06:44 PM.

Angry Re: The Pet Peeves Bar

My pet peeve is when someone asks me a "yes or no" question that they can't accept a "no" answer to. Don't ask me if you aren't prepared to hear my answer!

Quote Originally Posted by 'K- View Post
    My pet peeve is when someone asks me a "yes or no" question that they can't accept a "no" answer to. Don't ask me if you aren't prepared to hear my answer!
    Amen to that!
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

Being deaf, it peeves me to have people say "never mind" if I ask them to repeat what they said. I have been known to inflict pain over that.

Quote Originally Posted by BWM View Post
    the word "issue"
    Oh man..."buzz" words and phrases.

"at the end of the day"

"triangulate"

and my new worst enemy words "robust" and "realist".

I wish reporters and politicians would say what the hell they mean.

My worst? Those obnoxious ads on the History Channel.

"Next month Im gonna make TWENTY THOUSAND dollars"

Sure lady. How about a pitchfork in your eyes.

Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-27-2006 at 09:53 PM.

I hate how whenever I'm in a store, even if there's barely anyone else there there will always be someone who has to stand exactly in front of the shelf I want to look at because they need to look at something on the opposite shelf. I wish I could kill everyone on the planet sometimes.

A lot of things old people do piss me off. First, there always rude and cranky yet have no problems complaining about how the younger generation has attitude problems. I held a door open for an old lady a few weeks ago and she gave me a dirty look. Second, they always clutter everything up unnecessarily. There's a whole retirement community near where I live, and 90% of the people there have all the free time in the world yet they still choose to run their errands during the busy hours and cause longer lines for everyone.

I also hate double standards in relationships. Women expect you to be open and communicate when something bothers you. Yet, they don't do the same thing and if you ask them to talk about, they get even more pissy because you're somehow supposed to be able to read their mind and already know. I also hate how if a guy cheats on his wife/girlfreind it's his fault and he's a jerk. But if a woman cheats on her boyfriend/husband, it's still his fault because he wasn't spending enough time with her.

I hate the propaganda that's spoon fed to employees of retail stores.

Most of all, I hate Carrot Top
    Do you wanna know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little... emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

Quote Originally Posted by salutethyshorts View Post
    I also hate double standards in relationships. Women expect you to be open and communicate when something bothers you. Yet, they don't do the same thing and if you ask them to talk about, they get even more pissy because you're somehow supposed to be able to read their mind and already know. I also hate how if a guy cheats on his wife/girlfreind it's his fault and he's a jerk. But if a woman cheats on her boyfriend/husband, it's still his fault because he wasn't spending enough time with her.

Most of all, I hate Carrot Top
    Amen to that dude, women are crazy. and the one thing im starting to notice as i get older is its not just the ones i pick, its all of em. I keep going for a differnt type each time and they all sure as hell end up being crazy. And yeah carrot top sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by bete View Post
    Talking heads on the news.
    That headline news bitch from Court TV... whiney blond with a nose for stuff no one gives a damn about...nancy grace. I hear her voice and I want to kill.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Well I'm gonna roll in here with yet another M$ Rant

This one is regarding Windows Vista.

After trying the still buggy RTM, I am less than impressed.
    On thing is they have to have 4 different versions that are astronomically priced from $230 for the basic, and $450 for the Ultimate.
    And they'll tell us that each version has features that are geared toward the end user, when each one will actually exclude the features that ultimate has.

And then they'll try to market Vista as being superior than it's predecessor XP.
    But most people with anything less that a high end PC will notice Vista is ALOT slower, and even you do have a decent PC, you'll have a hell of a time getting your devices, and apps to work correctly just because Vista is a turd.

In addition to this I have to bitch about all of the annoyances like all of the warning propmts you get EVERYTIME you run an executable, and all the sh!t you have to disable so you can get back running the OS.

And then what really amazes me is that there are programmers that get paid nothing to write OPEN SOURCE operating systems like Mepis, and Freespire, that work ALOT better than Vista.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

My girlfriends dope smoking guy friend that rants.