Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: The Pet Peeves Bar

Over hearing a Best Buy clerk (or anywhere) talking to a customer about computers and not knowing wtf they are talking about. Also people that can't drive for a shit. (too slow, turning right when you have a green light to turn left and then they hit the gas hard to try to make it thru before you do)... you know things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Being deaf, it peeves me to have people say "never mind" if I ask them to repeat what they said. I have been known to inflict pain over that.
    I second this remark. I'm not quite deaf, but I've got "moderate to severe" hearing loss, and it irritates me when people get mad that I can't hear their muttering and have to ask them to repeat themselves. Lately, I've found myself not even trying to listen anymore, and that's gotten me into trouble a few times :-/ Can't win for losing!
    "I have a head for business and a Lizette for sin." Direct quote from my girlfriend. She's Lizette. I'm the sin. >: D

Quote Originally Posted by Lb51oO View Post
    Over hearing a Best Buy clerk (or anywhere) talking to a customer about computers and not knowing wtf they are talking about. Also people that can't drive for a shit. (too slow, turning right when you have a green light to turn left and then they hit the gas hard to try to make it thru before you do)... you know things like that.
    I second both of those.

But the computer one the most. I got make the sale (or in some cases dont make the sale) for them. example: Customer asks what coreduo is (it was a lappy i think) and the guys like "Oh its just a faster processor, blahblahblah" guy turns around , i'm like *sigh* "Its a dual core processor (insert simple explaination of dual core here) it'll make it so you can multitask easier" customer "ooohhh, how much ram should I get", i'm like "Eh, not playing games, i'd say that 1gb it comes with will be enough" boom, sale made. lol

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

Jennifer Anniston...America's Sweetheart?...Give me a break. Just a no-talent former Friends cast-member. All her movies sucked, yet still people love her.

She's not even that pretty.
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

Absolutely agree about Anniston, I'm more partial to Courtney Cox . And bad drivers really unnerve me, and not just because I have to share the road with them. Nothing is more perplexing than seeing someone cut across 2 lanes to get to the turn lane right as they're stopping at the intersection. @#$@!!!!!!! Seriously, pull your head out of your rear end, and be in the lane you'r supposed to be in without having to make a stunt driver move!!!!!!
    My Heatware

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

I hate people who leave a job (a kinda important job) and don't show there replacements how to actually do the job! I'm me and my UDM are rushing around getting me the shit i need to deploy... yay.

Quote Originally Posted by ckeagan View Post
    I second this remark. I'm not quite deaf, but I've got "moderate to severe" hearing loss, and it irritates me when people get mad that I can't hear their muttering and have to ask them to repeat themselves. Lately, I've found myself not even trying to listen anymore, and that's gotten me into trouble a few times :-/ Can't win for losing!
    I also have a "moderate to severe" hearing impairment, but saying I'm deaf is easier. I bet you can relate to this - even more frustrating is having your hearing aid batteries run out when you can't get hold of more. The worst one for me was a two week camping trip. Spent the last 4 or 5 days with no batteries. It really did my nut in. I would easily drive hundreds of kilometres just for a packet of hearing aid batteries.

Gotta say though that it's still great being deaf. Can easily deal with dogs, thunder, whining, migraines, etc. etc. Mind you I've slept through my alarm a few times though, even though it's something like 2 million dB

Another peeve - those stupid Intel Core2 Duo commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by BWM View Post
    Another peeve - those stupid Intel Core2 Duo commercials.
    I dislike Dell commercials more than the Intel ads. They tend to sugar-coat crap deals. Dunno why they don't advertise some of their better deals on TV.

Hm, sounds like you're a bit worse off than I am, Mr. Mjolnir. I have hearing aids, but I haven't worn them in a couple years. I need to get new ones, actually. What happened was that I ran out of batteries during a time when I had zero zero zero cash to spend on anything but gas bills food. So I did without, and did okay. In some ways, it's easier for me, because I don't get all the background amplification. Yeah, I know, they all claim to filter that out, the lying bastards. No, I can't hear as well, but it's sort of worth it.

At the time I stopped using my aids, I was working in a semi-private dining room/restaurant in a high class retirement community. I still work for the community, but in a different capacity now. Anyway, there were some nights that I couldn't hear the residents giving orders because of all the background chatter, clatter from the kitchen, etc. After I took the aids out, and given a few days to adjust to the quieter general tone, I found that I was able to hear the voices better. For the most part, anyway. I can't hear high pitched sounds, and high pitched voices fall into that. I also have trouble parsing out what someone's saying when they speak fast and run their words together. Other than that, I seem to do alright.

All that being said, yes, when I would run out of batteries, it was a real problem!
    "I have a head for business and a Lizette for sin." Direct quote from my girlfriend. She's Lizette. I'm the sin. >: D

Added to the list is that annoying crap in those Vonage commercials....

we hoo we hoo hoo!

something like that

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Got a new one

People that don't flush in public restrooms!
    Like I really wanna see another man's waste product especially after it's been stagnating for several hours, and then catch a wiff of it after stirring it when you flush

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

i hate the hangoverss..i mean..why should we dudes get em?

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

If I see one more Geico Caveman commercial..........
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

One more anything with Billy Mays in it