Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

See, this is why I HATE UPS.

Ever since Newegg started ripping people off for FedEx shipping, I've bought from other places that still do ship via FedEx for a reasonable price every chance I get, such as Zip ZoomFly. They have free (it's in their price though) shipping through FedEx on most things and a 2 day upgrade is only $1.99. The 3 business day UPS shipping at Newegg is optimistic at the very best. They consistently take at least 4 days and most of the time it's 5 to deliver to me. It's a sad day when the things I get off Ebay beat Newegg. If Newegg wants to ship via UPS Ground, that's fine, but don't tell me it's a 3 day service when it's plain old crappy UPS Ground service.

My latest order was supposed to get here today but it being UPS, it of course didn't. God I wish Zip Zoom hadn't have been out of stock on that board. Of course, I won't go into the fact that 3 business days would have meant I should have seen it by Friday. I ordered this at 12:15 am on Wednesday. Newegg shipped it out that day, which is typical excellent Newegg service.

EDIT: It's been over a week now and still no package. It's not even been loaded on the truck!

http://www.newegg.com:80/CustomerSer...WF350396685543
    Last edited by kbohip; 01-04-2007 at 05:08 PM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Re: See, this is why I don't like UPS.

It says "In Transit and On time"... they crack me up.

Hey that's within guide lines isn't it? I mean the first day is the 28th, as we all know that picking it up early doesn't count. On Thursday they had to brush their teeth first! Can't transport packages with halitosis you know! then Friday, well they were driving.. but it was snowing again, and they wanted to take it easy with your package... You ought to be greatful.... Well Saturday Sunday and Monday were weekend or holidays, you certainly cant count them. Tuesday, that is their third day and it was in Colorado Springs by then! What ...You want the to deliver it too? That would be tomorrow...just like you should have known it would be. Again part of the service they offer is a building anticipation that it will actually be there to your door in three days, that's when they slip in the Murphy reminder.... If it can go wrong it will. This is not only a realistic test of your character, but it also fills a gap in a minor way for the Law of Retribution, it is a form of punishment for something you did wrong in your childhood. You didn't know UPS knew about the Crayons did you? You don't recall the Crayon incident? that's okay they do!

I could point out several other beneficial aspects of this particular moments in your life...Enhanced hearing (Was that the UPS Truck?) Exercise (get up and go to window to see) Vision (No it wasn't) Name recognition (It was FedEx driving by)

There are a lot more but that is just a sample

Now that you are better able to see all the good with UPS.... Please

When they come ...consider a big hug, a Big Tip and a Big wet kiss!
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

I don't do business with UPS anymore. If something I want is on both Newegg and Zipzoom for a comparable price, odds are I'm gonna order it from Zipzoom. If I have to get it from Newegg, I pay extra for FedEx express saver. Usually it's not too much worse for small items, but you are right, Newegg deliberately overcharges (sometimes heinously) for FedEx as compared to UPS. I still get a lot of my things from Newegg, but not nearly as much as I did before they sold out to UPS.

I know there are always people who will defend UPS or say that FedEx is just as bad, but in my experience UPS is consistently terrible, and FedEx has been perfect. I can only make these decisions based on my own experiences, and so I continue to reward FedEx's excellent service by giving them more of my business and I punish UPS (not that they care) by no longer giving them any.
    Heatware: Sabrewulf165 62-0-0

You have it figured out Panda, poke fun at it. That's the easiest way to accept it. That, or shapren your aim for when the big brown turd drives by. Which, of course, is rare. And this post is definitely another against UPS, I've received boxes with the side practically torn off, 'the hell happened to it?
    My Heatware

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

I'm now over a week since I placed my order and it's STILL not even on the truck for delivery to my house! This is what I deserve for using UPS.

http://www.newegg.com/CustomerServic...WF350396685543

To think that it's just coming from Tennessee! I guess if it was delivered from Newegg's New Jersey warehouse it'd take 2 weeks.

BTW, here's an order I placed with ZipZoomFly on New Year's Eve. It's shipping with ZipZoom's 5-7 day FedEx service, which is free btw with ZipZoom. Amazing how much quicker FedEx's 5-7 day delivery is than UPS's 3 business day isn't it? The best part? ZipZoom was $10 cheaper than Newegg when taking shipping into account.
    http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?action...51351430398033
    Last edited by kbohip; 01-03-2007 at 04:29 PM.

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

i dont use ups either, but the one thing they will do is refund your shipping fee if your package isnt on time. it may not be much money but it makes you feel a little better knowing that there horrible service isnt going to cost you anything.

never had any problems with fedex or ups. i prefer ups though as the deliver at a time when i'm home, that's really the only reason. ship all my packages sold on eby through ups as there's a ups store near my house.

i always found both companies to either suck equaly or excel equaly.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    i dont use ups either, but the one thing they will do is refund your shipping fee if your package isnt on time. it may not be much money but it makes you feel a little better knowing that there horrible service isnt going to cost you anything.
    Only if you ask the SHIPPER to request the refund. I've had "2-day" packages take almost a week because UPS can't get our packages on the right truck (2 streets, same name, same zip, technically different towns; you do the math). I've requested stuff on a Wed., that should be here by Fri. with 2-day service. First delivery attempt is made Fri. but they had it on the wrong truck so it then waits till Monday to get on the right truck. Only recently did they FINALLY decide to upgrade to a Sat. delivery for a package that was on the wrong truck on Fri.

We've even had the local warehouse manager stop by and personally deliver goods because they were mis-loaded the first time.

FedEx and DHL don't have this problem, they seem to have found the loading secret that UPS hasn't, so UPS doesn't get my business if I can help it.

Oh yeah, back to the original point of my post. I've asked for shipping refunds on the 2-day packages but they told me the shipping party needs to do that, it's too much hassle to explain the whole thing to someone that doesn't understand it. UPS DOES realize there's a problem, they just haven't succeeded in solving it. The local governments haven't done anything either since they have it sorted out properly in the 911 system (supposedly, but that's a WHOLE other long post).
    Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 700 watt Thermaltake modular PSU
    Asus Crosshair III Formula
    Phenom II X4 955 BE
    4 GB OCZ BE
    EVGA GeForce GTX260 Core 216 896 MB
    WD 1600JB (7200 RPM, 160 GB, 8 MB cache), external drive now
    Samsung DVD burner
    WD1000FALS 1 TB

Re: See, this is why I HATE UPS.

Guess what? The day came and went and still no package. That puts it 2 days past when it was supposed to get here. According to the UPS tracking, it's in town but never got on the truck. It's time to call them now as I think they either lost the package or drove over it. I'm really kicking myself now for not spending the extra money on FedEx.

UPS

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that a UPS deliveryman came to the door with a package for a house across the street. I could have signed for it and delivered it myself as I've done in the past, but I didn't.

I'm waiting for a package now, and after checking UPS tracking found that delivery of the package was attempted twice. Once today, once yesterday. I wrote to NewEgg pointing out that I was home each night, and there wasn't an delivery attempt notice on my door. My guess is, UPS has signed big contracts with vendors, is overworked and flailing around trying to get to volume through and the delivery guys are writing in ficticious excuses to show their managing to keep up.
    "I despise people who go to the gutter on either the right or the left and hurl rocks at those in the center." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

I called UPS tonight to see what was going on. The CSR told me it would get delivered tomorrow. I let her know that it was already rescheduled to be delivered today, making it 2 days late already. She said sorry and that it got here too late today to be unloaded off the truck. There was nothing they could do about it. I told her don't worry about it as it's the last time I'll ever use their sorry ass company anyway.

They've now screwed up 6 different deliveries for me at different addresses and different times of the year. Lol, I cursed myself when I started this thread. It was still set to be delivered on time back then. I just had a feeling about this one though. Now I can just hope that the package doesn't look like it went through Iraq before it got here.

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Yes UPS service sucks in some places but here are some things to think about.

If you read through the HUGE terms of service on each UPS delivery option you will find that, the “Guaranteed” delivery time on most UPS deliveries do NOT apply to home delivery. Also unless you pay extra for “Saturday delivery” the weekends are not counted as transit days. In other words if you have three day delivery and you order it on Friday you should expect it by Wednesday. On top of that Saturday delivery is not always available for residential addresses.

The best way to avoid delivery issues with UPS, if you are forced to use them, is to have your items delivered to your work address. Because most reputable on line retailers will only ship to your credit cards billing address you will need to set this up with your bank to show your work address as a legitimate ship to. UPS is and always will be more responsive when delivering to a business address than a home address. Yes, yes I know not everyone can do this but if you can its worth the effort believe me.

As far as new egg and UPS I usually take the three day delivery and the package gets to me in one or two days. Yes it helps to be close to them in California but even in the cases where goods have shipped from vendors or one of their other locations I haven’t experienced any problems. I think you will find that for many people UPS shipping isn’t a problem. That being said I’m sure there are specific places where the UPS delivery leaves a lot to be desired. So if you can get yourself set up to receive your packages at work.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

My beef with UPS is not the amount of time it takes for stuff to arrive but how they treat the packages. We live about 2 miles from the local depot and never get packages before 6:30 to 7PM. (Fed Ex would always have it here by 1Pm.)

There is always a different driver, they tend to leave a battered package on the porch and maybe knock on the door before they run. They have delivered LCD monitors down the block 4 doors down already. They have lost packages, and dealing with them for a claim is a nightmare, they always have the same lame excuse, "we have a new driver". I have watched these so called deliverymen angrily THROWING packages all over the backs of the trucks so they can find something.

Yes ZZF still uses FED EX, but their customer service is deplorable, and their packing skills even worse. They have seen my last $$ last spring. I received a $235 mainboard from them, it was placed on the bottom of an oversized box with one air pillow on it. I purchased fancy Corsair overclocking memory that arrived defective and obviously used judging by all the scratches on them, when I returned them for refund they charged me a restock fee, and dealing with their CS department was an exercise in frustration, it took filing a complaint with the BBB and the product manufacture to get results.
    Heat

Driving a one stack Mack with a window in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by RatboyX View Post
    Yes UPS service sucks in some places but here are some things to think about.

If you read through the HUGE terms of service on each UPS delivery option you will find that, the “Guaranteed” delivery time on most UPS deliveries do NOT apply to home delivery. Also unless you pay extra for “Saturday delivery” the weekends are not counted as transit days. In other words if you have three day delivery and you order it on Friday you should expect it by Wednesday. On top of that Saturday delivery is not always available for residential addresses.

The best way to avoid delivery issues with UPS, if you are forced to use them, is to have your items delivered to your work address. Because most reputable on line retailers will only ship to your credit cards billing address you will need to set this up with your bank to show your work address as a legitimate ship to. UPS is and always will be more responsive when delivering to a business address than a home address. Yes, yes I know not everyone can do this but if you can its worth the effort believe me.

As far as new egg and UPS I usually take the three day delivery and the package gets to me in one or two days. Yes it helps to be close to them in California but even in the cases where goods have shipped from vendors or one of their other locations I haven’t experienced any problems. I think you will find that for many people UPS shipping isn’t a problem. That being said I’m sure there are specific places where the UPS delivery leaves a lot to be desired. So if you can get yourself set up to receive your packages at work.
    Sure, the TIME can't be guaranteed, but the day sure can. I can understand not guaranteeing a time for home delivery, but if you ask for 3-day shipping, it should be there in 3 days, it shouldn't matter if it's to a business or a residential address.

My problem with them is that they flat out refused to deliver a package on a Sat. (when Sat. delivery was not requested) when we do EVERYTHING that THEY suggested we do to get our packages on the truck that delivers to our home and they STILL mis-load it causing it to take almost a week for a package that had a paid upgrade to 3-day shipping. They have recently made an exception to that, but they've been adamant with me that they could not deliver a non-"SDR" package on Sat. causing a 3-day package that SHOULD have arrived in 3 days (which was Fri.) to take 5 instead because THEY messed up. As I mentioned above, I can understand if a time of day can't be assured, but the day itself should be, especially on overnight, 2-day or 3-day packages, plain ground service is another story.
    Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 700 watt Thermaltake modular PSU
    Asus Crosshair III Formula
    Phenom II X4 955 BE
    4 GB OCZ BE
    EVGA GeForce GTX260 Core 216 896 MB
    WD 1600JB (7200 RPM, 160 GB, 8 MB cache), external drive now
    Samsung DVD burner
    WD1000FALS 1 TB