Inventor of Instant Ramen dies!

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0070107a2.html

OSAKA (Kyodo) Momofuku Ando, the founder of Nissin Food Products Co. and inventor of instant ramen, died of heart failure Friday evening at a hospital in Ikeda, Osaka Prefecture, his family said. He was 96.

Momofuku Ando, founder of Nissin Food Products Co., stands inside a replica of the hut where Chicken Ramen was developed, at the Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum in Ikeda, Osaka Prefecture, in 1999. KYODO PHOTO

Born on March 5, 1910, in Taiwan, Ando initially ran clothing companies in Taipei and Osaka while he was a student at Ritsumeikan University. In 1948, he founded the precursor to Nissin and in 1958 unveiled Chicken Ramen, the world's first instant noodle product.

I gotta say I love me some ramen. I will be eating a bowl for him tonight.

Re: Inventor of Instant Ramen dies!

Where would college students who put beer before food be without him? Unable to chug with their buddies because of their empty stomach. I'm going dump a bowl out on the sidewalk in his memory.
    My Heatware

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Quote Originally Posted by JasonG06 View Post
    I'm going dump a bowl out on the sidewalk in his memory.
    Thats gangster right thurrr.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by N0Skillz View Post
    Thats gangster right thurrr.

lol
    You guys made me laugh on Monday…. Your pretty Gangster yourself
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

Nothing like a helpful serving of MSG to start off your day!