Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How did this snake do this ?

When you compare the mouth and head of the snake to
    the contents, how did it ingest such a large dinner ?
    Kinda of graphic..

*snip*
    Last edited by Namek; 01-14-2007 at 06:14 PM.

Re: How did this snake do this ?

wtf

Gigabyte 890XA UD3, Phenom II X6 1090T,4Ghz 2600nb w/Corsair H50, 2x2GB and 2x4GB GSKILL FLARE 1800Mhz DDR3, PNY GTX570, OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB SSD, Intel X25 80GB SSD, Klipsch ProMedia 4.1, ASUS DVDRW, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair 650W Professional series, Hanspree 26" widescreen, Cyborg R.A.T 5/Cyborg Gaming keyboard, Win7 64 Ultimate

To answer the question:

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir
    FWIW, snakes have flexible jaws that can dislocate and stretch to a certain extent, hence they can eat prey larger than their head.
    I think the link is possibly a bit graphic for this forum though so I'm going to remove it. It is a snake eating a person for those interested...I imagine you can PM no2guncntrl if you're really interested in the pictures.

Alex
    Last edited by Namek; 01-14-2007 at 06:17 PM.

is that the first time science has proof of snakes swallowing live adult humans?
    in my country there are some kind of catfish i nthe delta,they grow to 4 metres long and maybe longer.they find rings and boots and shit into them from time to time,but never a man...the possibility is stil lthere

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
    is that the first time science has proof of snakes swallowing live adult humans?
    in my country there are some kind of catfish i nthe delta,they grow to 4 metres long and maybe longer.they find rings and boots and shit into them from time to time,but never a man...the possibility is stil lthere
    There are giant catfish in the Delta in Canada?

in my country as in romania

http://xvella.free.fr/glossary/somn.php

thats a small one

this guys a bit bigger

u see how thick it is? tell me it cant swallow ya

edit last one is not from romania but its from same family of catfish.they call it grizzly sized somn
    Last edited by _dangtx_; 01-14-2007 at 06:46 PM.

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your

scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board

^^that ends my fishing career...as brief as it was. Ill stick with Star Kist.

I didn't look, but at least one famous pic of a snake eating a person is believed to be a fake.

But the answer to the original question: snakes have an extra articulation in their lower jaw, enabling it to open VERY wide. Some species (but not all I believe) can dislocate their lower jaw. Some of those can also split the two jaws in half sideways as well. The most extreme are the Egg-Eating snakes, which can swallow an egg which is something like three times the diameter of their normal head.

M

I apologize for the pics. I thought the little warning I
    posted might warn viewers, but it appears that's not
    the case. I suppose I should be a little more careful
    with things like this, but I admit I fascinated by the
    end results when one compares the size of the
    intake entrance and thought others might be as
    well. Anyway thanks for the explanation on the
    process such a creature is inbred with. Nature
    sure has a way with things.

I don't think I'll ever view a snake in quite the
    same way the rest of my days.

Is this what youre talking about? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wels_catfish
    Quote Originally Posted by mostholycerebus View Post
    PCPer CAN'T have a dollar value attached. For those of us, PcPer is worthless!

I wanna see

well its big thats what counts.the smaller ones seem to be more agile,while the big fudgers lay on the bottom til lthey sense activity.. be it a duck, piglet..man?
    like i said they found human remains i nthem,lots of them so either by scavenging corpses or by eating the person.

of no board

u see how thick it is? tell me it cant swallow ya

edit last one is not from romania but its from same family of catfish.they call it grizzly sized somn

That is quite common in countries like Vietnam (where its most likely it was caught). I remember seeing on the drudge where someone caught a catfish somewhere in the southeast that was a lil bit bigger than that size. I believe it was also caught by noodling than regular fishing pole where its easier to catch bigger catfish that way but you can also get your arm bitten off if you attract a gator .

Chances are the pics the OP posted were taht of an anaconda that was dissected and they found remains of a 5yr old. I remember seeing some pictures of this years back. This stuff happens in remote places where you're more likely to get killed by an animal than by another human being or by a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    But the answer to the original question: snakes have an extra articulation in their lower jaw, enabling it to open VERY wide. Some species (but not all I believe) can dislocate their lower jaw. Some of those can also split the two jaws in half sideways as well. The most extreme are the Egg-Eating snakes, which can swallow an egg which is something like three times the diameter of their normal head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir
    FWIW, snakes have flexible jaws that can dislocate and stretch to a certain extent, hence they can eat prey larger than their head.
    AFAIK, all snakes have the same double-jointed jaw mechanism. I wasn't aware of egg eating snakes being more extreme. Are you sure about that?

For these critters, biting off more than they can chew is a life and death matter.
    site with some great pics:
    http://reptilis.net/serpentes/eating.html