Area 51 Jump Bug Fix
I know this game has been out a while but its a lot of fun and has an interesting story line. It has been plagued by a jump bug where you just couldn't jump where you needed to and it was very frustrating.
Today I found out a fix and it works great. Here is what you need to do:
1) Download and install "Fraps". Here is the link:
2) Start Fraps before you start Area 51.
3) Go to the "Movies" tab
4) Click the "30fps" setting
5) Minimize Fraps and leave it running, then start the Area 51 game.
6) While playing, wherever you have to jump and can't, hit the "F9" button on your keyboard, and you'll see your frames per second drop to 30.
7) Now you can jump like a jumping bean all over the place. It lasts about 30 seconds. If you need more time just hit "F9" again.
8) Problem solved
Took forever to find the answer to this bug. Hope this helps anyone playing the game. Its a fun game but the jump bug was just too damn annoying, but its not a problem anymore!
Opteron 170 CCBBE 0610DPMW @ 2.8 Ghz!
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum NForce4 Mobo, Bios 1.D0
XFX 8800GT XXX PCIe Vid Card (650c/1900m)
Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu LED CPU Fan
2 Gigs GSkill F1-3200USU2-2GBHS PC3200
Corsair 520HX 520w Power Supply
Hitachi 7K80 HDS728080PLA380 SATA2 HD
NEC ND 2510-A Dual Layer DVD-RW
Audigy 2 ZS, Logitech Z-5300s
Asus VW193 1440 x 900 WS
WinXP Sp2, DX 9.0c