Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: How you spending your tax refund?

car parts prolly. Now that I'm almost done with school I can fix the damage on my car from getting rear ended two years ago :0
    -Matt Hoffman-

4400lbs Of Nitto Drag Radial Burning Fury. ENOUGH SAID!

Nope, no refund here.....gonna havta pay what I saved.....I don't even want to think about how much, either!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    I was wondering what you were talking about. I'm Aussie and I'd never heard of these things. An American dog with an Australian name. That dog looks like a Border Collie bitsa.

Here are a couple of true Aussie shepherds:

Blue Heeler

Kelpie

Border Collies are popular here as sheep dogs too, but they're British.

Tax Return? Usually saved for big bills like car rego.
    BREED HISTORY
    While there are many theories as to the origin of the Australian Shepherd, the breed as we know it today developed exclusively in the United States. The Australian Shepherd was given its name because of their association with the Basque sheepherders who came to the United States from Australia in the 1800's. The Aussie rose rapidly in popularity with the boom of western riding after World War II, becoming known to the general public via rodeos, horse shows, movies and television. Their inherent versatility and trainability made them useful on American farms and ranches. The American stockmen continued the development of the breed, maintaining the versatility, keen intelligence, strong herding instinct and eye-catching appearance.
    Australian Shepherds have been registered by various registries since the early 1950's. In 1990, the United States Australian Shepherd Association was established as the parent club of the Australian Shepherd representing the breed to the American Kennel Club. On September 1, 1991, the AKC recognized the Australian Shepherd breed and on January 1, 1993, accepted them into the Herding Group.

http://www.australianshepherds.org/
    You’re right it is one of those American things. Quite similar to the Border Collie but not the same.

I usually only get a few hundred back. Perhaps I'll buy a few games and use the rest to drink my troubles away.
    Do you wanna know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little... emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

every dime of it is going to the credit card. Want to get it paid down ASAP

Whats a tax refund?

I always end up paying the blood suckers...........

here's a little task for someone, who can find the law saying we have to pay an income tax.

as far as i'm concerned, the federal income tax is uncostitutional, and here in illinois the state tax law states that you need only pay it if you have to pay the federal, and since there's no law stating you must pay a federal income tax, technically i'm good to go.

of course everyone is so affraid of the irs that you'd be crazy not to just give in and pay it.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

Yeah, that's what Al Capone said...
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    notice how they never mentioned the law in the article?

no one finds that weird at all?

what exactly is our obligation to pay? where does the money go, we have to report our spending, so why doesn't the government have to report theirs?

seems the governement isn't run by the people any longer.

so unclebob, you seem to think it's cooky, so maybe you can show us the law?

i'm not saying you shouldn't pay your taxes, just wondering why we have to? where does the money go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TljEe0Dzemc

watch that, now obviously you shouldn't believe everything you see on the net, so go and do a little of your own research if you want.

i was highly skeptical before i watched it, afterwards it left me really wondering, which is something any true american should do.

btw, there are court cases where people have been found NOT guilty of tax evasion even after admitting to not paying their taxes. basically found innocent on the basis that there was no law they were breaking.

My wifes uncle was ordered to turn over his books and records to the IRS so he threw a few of his old 45's of Elvis and a couple old comic books into a large yellow envilope and sent them to his IRS case worker.

My Heatware

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Well, between the wife and myself we have contributed over $15 000 into RRSP`s for the tax year 2006. I contribute 15% of my gross wages, and the wife 12%. Plus last year i received one of my RRSP slips late($981), so i`m adding that to my taxes this tax year. Plus we both maxed out our contributions to Employment Insurance, and the Canadian Pension Plan. We also setup our Federal, and Provincial tax contributions to be at the max. So in short, if we get a good return, we will be paying down some more debt.

HDTV...but I won't get it till after I move. That, and I still haven't fired up Turbo Tax yet.

i always wondered, would it actually be more worth your while to have them withhold the least of your money possible and invest that which you normally would have given them? i mean if you ovrpay you don't get any interest on your money, i've always been told to make your money work for you, that's like hiding it in your sock drawer.

sure you'd have to pay tax on any gains i guess, but in the end would you come out ahead? i'd almost think so, but then again, it's the irs we're talking about...

has anyone ever given any of that much though, let alone givn it a try? i'd rather keep my money and make it work for me somehow thn let it sit and devalue.