Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: PC Perspective Killer Frogs µFluids Team

Quote Originally Posted by Caprid View Post
    Yeah, I sent about 50 WUs in late before I realized what was going on. The Ol' K7M ain't what she used to be.

If you change your cache to two days, does that effect all the projects that your attached to? Or just ufluids?

Also was wondering how many "pending" WUs you guys got? I have about 3200. Thats almost as many as I got credit for
    Adjusting cache - Good question! Let's see if I can explain this. Ok, normally the answer would be YES it effects all project. However, other factors come to play. Not all project use the General Preferences setting as expected.

Meaning if box A has Project 1 using GP of WORK which is set for 2 days and box A Project 1 venue location is set for WORK. Then box A Project 2 is using GP of HOME which is set for 1 day and box A Project 2 venue location is set for HOME will cause a mismatch for box A.

Here is the tricky part - to resolve the mismatch between venue location settings of the 2 projects BOINC uses the the last (most recent) project box A was attached to... This translates to let's say Project 2 in the example about was the most resent project. Since box A was setup to use HOME for that projects venue location then BOTH project will use the HOME setting of 1 day. I know it's a mess.

Now suposedly there is a means for controlling this locally on the box using Global Preference Override File. I have not triedthis and really don't understand it, but here is the link that explains it: http://boincfaq.mundayweb.com/index....a91d5919f76417

As for you second question - I have about 2045 WUs pending. However I have stopped pulling new work 2 days ago because if the longer WUs. I've got one box that has last count 330 of the long one pending with only 9 days remaining for the deadline. I don't think it's going to make it.

Dusty

Thanks for all the info Dusty. I'll play around with the settings and see what happens. Going to give ufluids a break for abit and let it catch up with the pending WUs.

Anyone having problems uploading units this past weekend and today? I've got about 100+ units on three machines that the client shows as 'uploading' this is after rebooting the client and machine.
    Crunching various BOINC projects under the Swordfish username, for the PCPER Froggies.

Yup. Seems like ufluids and proteins servers take the weekends off. Should be straited out in a few hours.

There was some chatter on the boards over the weekend that a few projects changed DNS to include proteins and uFluids.

Re-starting BOINC seems to be the simple fix, if not a reboot should resolve it.

Dusty

Yea.. all seems to be well now...
    Crunching various BOINC projects under the Swordfish username, for the PCPER Froggies.

Quad core is being brought online...upgrades will now begin on the dually server....

Quote Originally Posted by thezfunk View Post
    Quad core is being brought online...upgrades will now begin on the dually server....
    Oh... very nice... very nice indeedy.

CANCELED WUs!!!!

For those running fluids - If you have any grav1_rect1 type wus you can kill them they have been canceled.

LINK:http://www.ufluids.net/forum_thread....wrap=true#4700

Dusty

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/projpage.php?proj=uah

Take that...I am top user for the day thus far! In the world!

Dusty is right behind me and Frank & Stein is in 5th! Our team is #2! It's kind of fun being in a project where you don't get lost in the mix.

Good job boys, it looks like Joker will be bring some added firepower for at least a few days as well!

I currently have almost all my machines on Protiens@Home and Rosetta@Home

Yes, I agree also. Great crunching everybody. We are showing the world that The PC Perspective Killer Frogs are the best out there.

I have finally taken the RAC crown from Dusty. It's only by 1.19 points but it's still a victory (2nd place overall). My point lust will never be satiated! I was also in danger of losing my coveted 15 place overall in all projects but I think I have staved off that disaster as well. Excuse me while I whip those hampsters into more of a frenzy. I find poking them with pencils works the best.

Who are you in danger of losing it too? I don't think I have a link to all-project stats list.

Quote Originally Posted by Joofoo View Post
    Who are you in danger of losing it too? I don't think I have a link to all-project stats list.
    It is in the sticky. http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boin...0&teamid=30556

Alheim was the culprit