Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: PC Perspective Killer Frogs µFluids Team

Sticky smicky...

Thanks!
    Crunching various BOINC projects under the Swordfish username, for the PCPER Froggies.

I realise that I'm new to ufluids but is unusual to have over 4000 pending credit?

Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    I realise that I'm new to ufluids but is unusual to have over 4000 pending credit?
    That isn't unusual at all. It goes in fits and jerks. Sometimes I won't have any pending and other times I will have thousands of credits pending.

Thumbs up Re: PC Perspective Killer Frogs µFluids Team

Quote Originally Posted by thezfunk View Post
    That isn't unusual at all. It goes in fits and jerks. Sometimes I won't have any pending and other times I will have thousands of credits pending.
    Thanks for letting me know. I was beginning to worry since it went to over 8000 today.

I have finally taken the RAC crown from Dusty. It's only by 1.19 points but it's still a victory (2nd place overall). My point lust will never be satiated! I was also in danger of losing my coveted 15 place overall in all projects but I think I have staved off that disaster as well. Excuse me while I whip those hampsters into more of a frenzy. I find poking them with pencils works the best.
    If I ever get my stats problem figured out you will probably loose your coveted position. Check out the team stats position 22,24,26, & 83. These are from the four projects I'm running and I need to figure out how to make them appear as one. You might want to trade those hampsters in for some squirrels.

If I ever get my stats problem figured out you will probably loose your coveted position. Check out the team stats position 22,24,26, & 83. These are from the four projects I'm running and I need to figure out how to make them appear as one. You might want to trade those hampsters in for some squirrels.
    You probably got me. I mainly run µfluids but I run QMC as a secondary project. My allocation is 99 for µfluids and 1 for QMC but for some reason my computers downloaded a boat load of QMC units. They have been crunching those almost exclusively this past week. My RAC has dropped in µfluids like a stone.

You probably got me. I mainly run µfluids but I run QMC as a secondary project. My allocation is 99 for µfluids and 1 for QMC but for some reason my computers downloaded a boat load of QMC units. They have been crunching those almost exclusively this past week. My RAC has dropped in µfluids like a stone.
    Everybody is dropping on ufluids. My pending credit just keeps going up and RAC goes down. I'm currently running ufluids (most of my systems), predictor (really big tasks), spinhenge & SETI. My problem is that each one shows as a seperate entry in the stats.

Everybody is dropping on ufluids. My pending credit just keeps going up and RAC goes down. I'm currently running ufluids (most of my systems), predictor (really big tasks), spinhenge & SETI. My problem is that each one shows as a seperate entry in the stats.
    I see what you're saying.
    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boin...0&teamid=30556
    I would imagine your cross project ID isn't matching up for some reason. Did you sign up with all the same info between the projects? I seem to remember there being something important that had to match but since I have never had the problem I can't remember what it was that was the problem!

Hey Big Red,

CPUID - like thezfunk said it's your ID are not sync'd. The 2 parts that need to match on all account are your Name & E-mail address. I suspect you already have set that way.

The next part is to have at least one box attached to all your projects. It will take some time but soon your ID's will get sync'd.

Now keeping it that way is a bit more of the luck of the draw. I'm always dropping a few projects from my combined stats every day and there is nothing I can do about it. All it takes is one box reporting it with it's own ID at boom that project is out of sync. The next time it's fine.

Give it a try you may have better luck than I.

Dusty

Lightbulb Re: PC Perspective Killer Frogs µFluids Team

Thanks Dusty. No telling how long it would have tahen me to figure that out. At work tommorrow I'll fire up my 2 reserve machines and set both of them to all 4 projects. I may have to switch some of my machines away from uFluids. My RAC is dropping and my pending credit is about 12000. I just seem to be getting nowhere fast.

Thanks Dusty. No telling how long it would have tahen me to figure that out. At work tommorrow I'll fire up my 2 reserve machines and set both of them to all 4 projects. I may have to switch some of my machines away from uFluids. My RAC is dropping and my pending credit is about 12000. I just seem to be getting nowhere fast.
    Your Welcome! The drop in RAC and increased Pending is normal when the longer WUs come out. Since a quorum of 3 results is need to validate and receive credit for the WU it takes a bit more time for it to be given.

But you have to keep in mind you are getting somewere, it may not be fast but all that Pending is in the bank minus the normal 10 - 15 % differrence between requested verses granted.

Dusty

Quote Originally Posted by dusty33 View Post
    Your Welcome! The drop in RAC and increased Pending is normal when the longer WUs come out. Since a quorum of 3 results is need to validate and receive credit for the WU it takes a bit more time for it to be given.

But you have to keep in mind you are getting somewere, it may not be fast but all that Pending is in the bank minus the normal 10 - 15 % differrence between requested verses granted.

Dusty
    I dusted off and started an old athalon 1800 and set it and 2 other machines to run all four projects. It seems to be working. Spin and SETI have combined and maybe the other 2 will too. Pending credit for ufluids hit 14000 today. By the way, does "Retired Active Duty" mean you have a blue ID card too?

I dusted off and started an old athalon 1800 and set it and 2 other machines to run all four projects. It seems to be working. Spin and SETI have combined and maybe the other 2 will too. Pending credit for ufluids hit 14000 today. By the way, does "Retired Active Duty" mean you have a blue ID card too?
    Why Yes it does...

Quote Originally Posted by dusty33 View Post
    Why Yes it does...
    Old soldiers never die, they just keep on Boinc'in!

Ufluids still has no work availble after 2 days and my pending credit is over 20,000. So when I got to work today most of the farm had nothing to do. I had to change all the machines that were only running ufluids to run a second project. Not too sure how long I'll run Ufluids if they can't keep a reasonable amount of work available.