Unlimited Vista Activations?

Alright well im readying up to actually buy Vista soon as I've been using various builds for a long time now, but im still confused on one thing. When I purchase a copy of say, Home Premium, or Ultimate. Can I install and activate that CD-Key unlimited number of times? Also does it make a difference if I buy OEM or Retail regarding the number of times i can install and activate?
    Workin on it.. lol

Re: Unlimited Vista Activations?

OEM= 1 copy on one pc Retail can be moved from 0ne pc to another, oem can't . There is a limit as to how many times you can reactivate,it's DEFINITELY NOT unlimited.Ms has provided various answers as to the actual# of times, but it's DEFINITELY not unlimited.
    http://forums.pcper.com/trading.php TRADING RULEZ!! BIGDADDY51 I've joined the QUAD CROWD! ASUS M3A78 & a 9850

Eh..isn't there some sort of System Builder's version?
    Workin on it.. lol

When you buy OEM software now, MS grants you a Single systems builders license to install that copy on a single machine. For more info on the systems builders license, visit the MS website and view it there.The system builders license is attached to the oem software, and by breaking the seal, you agree to the terms and conditions in the license.There are other types of licenses such as MSDN and others, but these are mainly for business and developers, and aren't cheap. www.microsoft.com is the place to start, and then check out the various links there. You'll learn a lot.
    Last edited by BIGDADDY51; 01-22-2007 at 08:58 PM.
    http://forums.pcper.com/trading.php TRADING RULEZ!! BIGDADDY51 I've joined the QUAD CROWD! ASUS M3A78 & a 9850

Alright well I guess I'll just buy a retail copy and activate minimally until they release a definite number.
    Workin on it.. lol

Retail is the best way to go, as I understand it, it will be very hard to move OEM Vista, ESPECIALLY Vista upgrades. Also Vista upgrades work a little different than XP, and require a full install of XP, activated, before you can upgrade. No more just sticking in the previous copies disc. So saith Microsoft from MS backroom forums.