Page 1 of 77 123451151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Iran: It's getting serious (merged)

Here is what I understand:

They will not listen to the UN
    They have made some overt comments about Isreal
    Thet are laughing at Nuke discussions
    They are buying alot of weapons

And now this? Move Jews to Europe? Anything else on your menu?

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/1....y49anqze.html

I fear there is a "squeeze play" coming.

What would you do? Is this about Islam making a statement?

And this?

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsar...JAD.xml&rpc=22
    Last edited by BlackDragon24; 01-23-2007 at 10:56 AM.

Re: Iran Its Getting Serious

I was hoping the Iran situation would work itself out. The folks(mullahs) in power are in the minority and the youth are awfully friendly toward the West and Democracy. If it were not for this nuclear scare I think the current regime would not last much longer anyway. The majority do not share their leaders radical rhetoric. That said, I'm not sure this is not just more sable rattling. It would be absolutely suicidal for them to launch any sort of attack. Retribution would be swift and final.

I'd hate to see them get nukes and the possibility of them giving these weapons over to terrorists scares the jebusus outta me. They have a few neighbors in the area who are taking great interest in their nuclear program. I think they need to pheer them more than a direct US based attack on their nuclear facilities. Definitely one to watch out for... My2c..
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^Strange how it follows[this article] on the heels of a "mystery" plane crash. Youd think it was cause and effect.[cough]

Oh No! Not Bad Mouthing Israel!

Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz
    Oh No! Not Bad Mouthing Israel!
    Openly it appears at the U.N. also...

UN Hits Absolute Bottom, Digs

On November 29, 2005, the United Nations held their annual “International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.” Featured at this event, attended by Kofi Annan, was a prominent display with the Palestinian flag on one side, the UN flag on the other, and a large map of “Palestine” on which the UN member state of Israel did not appear.
    This is the prominent UN public display which was used to mark the commemoration of "International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People" on November 29, 2005. The Palestinian flag is on one side. The UN flag is on the other side. A map without the UN member state of Israel stands between them.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Palestine is the geographical name for that region of the Levant.

I read the story earlier. I tend to agree with Scooter here (shock!) in that the younger generation tends to be a lot less extremist than their older, conservative brethren. It seems like those who speak the most loudly often pose the least danger.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

I cant stand how badmouthing israel isn't equal to bad mouthing any other country were allies with, like israel is sacred or something.. YOu can badmouth israel without being pro paletinian

Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-12-2005 at 06:29 PM.

I think Ahmadinejad has a sincere desire to become a martyr, and I also think the world will accomodate him. The question is, how many (on both sides) go down with him?
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

serious?..immagine a chihuahua barking at a great dane...its dangerous,the lil one no?

no,seriously..what harm can they inflict..?

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

This bird brain in Iran is getting irritating...still insisting that what happened to Jews was a fairy tale.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...top_world_news

Maybe he'd like to hear some of what I think are "myths" and "fairy tales"

1. Islam is the religion of peace
    2. The magic stone at Mecca is a circus act and does nothing. It was also made in US.
    3. Iranians are civilized.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    This bird brain in Iran is getting irritating...still insisting that what happened to Jews was a fairy tale.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...top_world_news

Maybe he'd like to hear some of what I think are "myths" and "fairy tales"

1. Islam is the religion of peace.
    2. The magic stone at Mecca is a circus act and does nothing. It was also made in US.
    3. Iranians are civilized.
    1. Islam is the religion of peace...And White Knuckle Terror.

-The Gipper

^^Yeah...and I didnt intend to be rude to Muslims there...just Id love the opportunity to get under this wack job's fingernails. Reinforce the notion he and his third world country border on irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.[how Id work on his head]

Yeah, I mean it's perfectly legitimate to categorize all people in one country as having the same beliefs as one of their "elected" officials. Good call, jimz.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.