Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Re: Iran Its Getting Serious

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    This bird brain in Iran is getting irritating...still insisting that what happened to Jews was a fairy tale.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...top_world_news

Maybe he'd like to hear some of what I think are "myths" and "fairy tales"

1. Islam is the religion of peace.
    2. The magic stone at Mecca is a circus act and does nothing. It was also made in US.
    3. Iranians are civilized.
    1. Islam is the religion of peace...And White Knuckle Terror.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^Yeah...and I didnt intend to be rude to Muslims there...just Id love the opportunity to get under this wack job's fingernails. Reinforce the notion he and his third world country border on irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.[how Id work on his head]

Yeah, I mean it's perfectly legitimate to categorize all people in one country as having the same beliefs as one of their "elected" officials. Good call, jimz.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Is that what I said? Or what you read. If you back up youll see I was jabbing at this particular guy and how I might work on his head. Of course we can pander to the guy by validating his opinions via press publicity. That sure works.

Is that what I said?
    Maybe he'd like to hear some of what I think are "myths" and "fairy tales"
    3. Iranians are civilized.
    Check.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Maybe he'd like to hear.

hey'd singular contraction for he would

mate

Were both too smart Orang to waste time with a semantic battle. How would you deal with this guy....since he doesnt seem to represent Iranian thought?
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-14-2005 at 01:41 PM.

Back on topic... For some reason this story is getting little to no play.

Police Seize Forged Ballots Headed to Iraq From Iran

Less than two days before elections, the Iraqi border police seized a tanker filled with thousands of forged ballots.
    Don't have a subscription but found a few quotes online...

Iraqi border police seized a tanker that had just crossed from Iran filled with thousands of forged ballots, an official said. The tanker was seized by agents with the American-trained border protection force at the Iraqi town of Badra.The Iranian truck driver told the police under interrogation that at least three other trucks filled with ballots had crossed from Iran at different spots along the border.

The U.S. government has alleged that Iranian agents are deeply involved in trying to influence events in Iraq, by funneling money to Shiite political parties and by arming and training many of the illegal militias that are bedeviling the country.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

OK. Now I read earlier...see rolleyes...that the story was a bunch of bull. A story designed to stick a pin in the election party hog.

Was the story designed to make the elections suspect....or is the story real? Designed to make Iran look bad?

We need to send our own reporters to get to the bottom of this Scooter.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-14-2005 at 01:54 PM.

OK. Now I read earlier...see rolleyes...that the story was a bunch of bull. A story designed to stick a pin in the election party hog.

Was the story designed to make the elections suspect....or is the story real? Designed to make Iran look bad?

We need to send our own reporters to get to the bottom of this Scooter.
    Ya, lol. Scooter seems to be a good name for a roving reporter... ;p

-The Gipper

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter
    Back on topic... For some reason this story is getting little to no play.

Don't have a subscription but found a few quotes online...
    Well, we wanted them to have "our style" of democracy, looks like they got it!!!
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter
    Ya, lol. Scooter seems to be a good name for a Karl Roveing reporter... ;p

Fixed it for ya!!! LOL!!
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

Quote Originally Posted by Soundforbjt
    Fixed it for ya!!! LOL!!

Saw that one coming.... really. I thought about that pun as I was typing it...

-The Gipper

It was just too easy...I couldn't let it pass me by!!
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Now look what is suggested: Move Israel to Alaska.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...184170,00.html

How about we move him to the middle of the dead sea.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-14-2005 at 03:21 PM.

Now look what is suggested: Move Israel to Alaska.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...184170,00.html

How about we move Iran to the middle of the dead sea.
    Naw, the non-radicals are the majority. You'd never know it from the press but the populace as a whole embrace Western values. I would however be all for moving the radicals to join the Palestinians they seem to be in love with. I hear there is plenty of space available in Arafat's old compound...

-The Gipper