Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well I have my PS3 boxed p and will be returning it

If it some how gets a lot of big, unannounced games I want I will pick one up again but I just don't see that happening. I am not knocking it, nice piece of hardware, it just simply isn't worth the cash to me. Out of all the games I have seen the most I want on it are MGS4 and Motor Storm. Now if I could get one for a lot cheaper I would hop on it, but it's simply not worth the 600 dollar price to me.

The 360 is simply better imo, I would rather pay 100 bucks a year than use Sony's service for free. No single buddies list, no ease of communication regardless if it's between games, movies etc. No achievements.

Re: Well I have my PS3 boxed p and will be returning it

I don't have any new consoles, but I agree that there isn't a real good selection of games for the PS3 right now. Sure, there will be, but I'm sure I'm in a large boat when I say that I'm waiting for a price drop, GTA, GT5 and a few others before throwing down ~$500 for a console. I also wouldn't mind if they put out a "v1.1" console, as they always do, with tweaks for stability and whatnot.

Anyway, I may buy a console before the end of this year. I'm still undecided, but Grand Theft Auto might be the straw that breaks my console-neglecting back.

GTA is released the same day for the 360 and PS3.

I got a 360 in early December and so far it's o.k. Playing it on my Sony 60" HDTV is nice other than that I prefer PC gaming.
    i7 8700K with Cooler Master T4
    Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
    16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR4
    MSI 1080GTX TI DUKE
    WD 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB
    EVGA 750W Gold PSU
    Antec DF-85 Case

im still on the the ps2 and xbox, no HDTV

I love my Wii!

CPU: Phenom 925 X4
    MOBO: BIOSTAR A870U3
    MEM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4GBx2 1333
    VGA: GTX 260
    PSU: Cougar CMX 700
    HDD: WD Black 500GB

I had a wii, wasn't impressed. I traded my 80gig Ipod for one.

do you still have a games console?

Quote Originally Posted by 96s10 View Post
    I love my Wii!
    Keep the language clean please.........
    i7 8700K with Cooler Master T4
    Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
    16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR4
    MSI 1080GTX TI DUKE
    WD 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB
    EVGA 750W Gold PSU
    Antec DF-85 Case

Quote Originally Posted by londonandlawson View Post
    If it some how gets a lot of big, unannounced games I want I will pick one up again but I just don't see that happening. I am not knocking it, nice piece of hardware, it just simply isn't worth the cash to me. Out of all the games I have seen the most I want on it are MGS4 and Motor Storm. Now if I could get one for a lot cheaper I would hop on it, but it's simply not worth the 600 dollar price to me.

The 360 is simply better imo, I would rather pay 100 bucks a year than use Sony's service for free. No single buddies list, no ease of communication regardless if it's between games, movies etc. No achievements.

Specifically I am calling you out on this. You either did not use it very long or had no idea as to how to navigate the menus because there is a friend system on PSNetwork just like Live, where you can setup audio or video chats at a whim amongst many other things...including surf the web. I believe you either need the $600 back or you're an Xbox person. Personally I have my 360 package up for sale because Resistance is the only console game I like playing right now....and yes I spent plenty of time playing Gears & got Lost Planet too.

Other than that, I play Quake4 on my PC or NWN 1. My 360 hasn't been turned on in about 3 or 4 weeks now. It's all personal preference but I am astonished by the amount of rabid fanboyism is going around for the 360 in all the forums I visit. I was an Xbox fan, bought it on release day, but after having both of the big next gen consoles it is clear to me that the PS3 is the right choice for me.

So you are honestly trying to say the friend's list and other online features are on par with the 360???

LOL..the only thing it has on the 360 is a web browser and that's it. The PS3's friend's list is not unified across the platform, and there is no guarantee that every game supports voice. I didn't need the money and what exactly is an "Xbox person". Is is just unimaginable to you that my opinion is different that your's?

What really made me decide was the new issue of EGM I got in the mail that shows all the up and coming games for all systems in 2007 and 2008 and the only things the PS3 offered I wanted that the 360 didn't was Motor Storm and MGS4. And one big thing for me is the controller, the 360 controller is a lot better imo. That is a huge factor.

It's all personal preference but I am astonished by the amount of rabid fanboyism is going around for the 360 in all the forums I visit.
    So is my honest opinion "rabid fanboyism"? If so, do you listen to yourself talk? you act as if you are master of games, and anyone who disagrees is simply wrong. I couldn't care less if you don't prefer the 360, or anyone else, I am simply stating my opinion.
    Last edited by londonandlawson; 01-26-2007 at 12:32 AM.

I love my wii too, although i admittedly don't play it as much as my pc..mainly because i sit in front of my pc a lot already and i don't feel like going down to the basement to play zelda (laziness ftw ) but your issue does hit on what sony seems to have forgotten since they released even the psp...doesn't matter how good the hardware is if there's no games worth playing, and the 'will be out' games only work for so long (mgs4, next ff title..etc)

Quote Originally Posted by londonandlawson View Post
    So you are honestly trying to say the friend's list and other online features are on par with the 360???

LOL..the only thing it has on the 360 is a web browser and that's it. The PS3's friend's list is not unified across the platform, and there is no guarantee that every game supports voice. I didn't need the money and what exactly is an "Xbox person". Is is just unimaginable to you that my opinion is different that your's?

What really made me decide was the new issue of EGM I got in the mail that shows all the up and coming games for all systems in 2007 and 2008 and the only things the PS3 offered I wanted that the 360 didn't was Motor Storm and MGS4. And one big thing for me is the controller, the 360 controller is a lot better imo. That is a huge factor.

So is my honest opinion "rabid fanboyism"? If so, do you listen to yourself talk? you act as if you are master of games, and anyone who disagrees is simply wrong. I couldn't care less if you don't prefer the 360, or anyone else, I am simply stating my opinion.

Actually there IS a friend's list feature on the PS3 that uses the PSnetwork & is independent from the games. In other words, you're totally wrong on that account as I previously stated.

I said it is personal preference and you clearly indicated that by stating the games argument, which is personal taste. Personally, I grew bored with the online play of Gears, Lost Planet, and Saints Row's online was a nightmare. I was an Xbox fan but their lack of support for their online games is bothersome...you do realize people are still cheating like crazy on Halo2 right? Add to that all the cheats for Saints Row online, Gears' ridiculous host advantage/lag issue, and it just doesn't impress me anymore. Why pay for something I get for free with my PS3? So I get pretty backgrounds & themes while I am doing it? No thanks.

As for the achievements, that is so incredibly lame it isn't even funny. It speaks nothing about a player's skill, only how much time they wasted going after stupid goals that do not help the people you play online with.

It's your choice to return your PS3, obviously, but I just grow tired of seeing people trumpet the Xbox360 like it's some great system that offers so much more than the PS3. PS3 60gb comes with wireless, bluetooth, and blue ray; which would cost you upwards of $300 to add to a 360 premium. It has a bigger hard drive, more USB ports, and support keyboards out of the box.

Take it for what you will, but don't lie to people to make yourself feel better. Maybe you just didn't realize the friends list is there, I wouldnt have if I didnt join my Resistance clan? Who knows, but the song remains the same.

Guys remember to keep this civil or we're gonna need step in.

thanks

Z
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

The PS3's friends list does not offer what the 360's does. You can not send messages to and from the dashboard, ingame, watching movies etc. And besides, I am stating my personal opinion and you are getting all worked up over it, I don't care if anyone else prefers the PS3, it has ZERO bearing on my life.