Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stark auto industry affecting NASCAR.

Yep, when the belt needs tightening all will feel the
    pinch.
    http://www.yahoo.com/s/491860

CONCORD, N.C. - When asked about Ford Motor Co.'s announcement that it lost a record $12.7 billion last year, the director of Dodge's racing program cringes as if he just swallowed a swig of motor oil.
    I've tasted oil before. Don't like it much.

Re: Stark auto industry affecting NASCAR.

yay! racing is almost back. saturday cant get here soon enough. i LOVE the rolex24. been a looong off season lol.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/159/
    http://www.daytona24hr.com/

ps - i dont like oil either lol

Who ever said there was more to life than turning left ?

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    Who ever said there was more to life than turning left ?

The first guy to race on a road course .
    My Heatware

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Time for the "Big Three" to move over....and let the Asian car companies have a shot at it. And I'm not just talking trucks. :-P
    -TMack

"Forgive everyone for everything"

I always liked the stock cars on the road course, I think 25% Road course, 30% short Track and 45% Speedway to be a good mix. Of course they are not "Stock" cars anymore are they. Real Monte Carlos and Fusions are front wheel drive, with wimpy motors (Relatively).

They used to Race trucks on a road course in Kansas, and back in the sixties Dan gurney had a lot of success at the Riverside California road course. The Road courses don't seem to be as good for fans attending the race though, typically you only see part of the course. Teleprompters are a big help, but a little luster is lost compared to a oval. And NASCAR lives on ticket sales.
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

Time for the "Big Three" to move over....and let the Asian car companies have a shot at it. And I'm not just talking trucks. :-P
    I really stopped watching Nascar back in the early 80's anyway.Asian car companies can have nascar its not what it used to be anyhow.Jap cars and southern accents ya OK.............lmfao I say givem there shot too

Quote Originally Posted by TMack409 View Post
    I think those are the words of a card carrying commie! As far as NASCAR anyway... make AASCAR if you want. There were several other Stock car associations before, that have all gone by the wayside and you are saying...

"My house isn't big enough or warm enough or cool enough or nice enough..... move over I want to live in your house...You still pay the bills by the way."

This is a PRIVATELY owned business venture

Next you'll want all the displacement to be quoted Litres (The European way) and You'll be saying Yugo's should lead the way

Blasphemy!

Feel the Shame TMack... Feel the Shame!
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaZ3 View Post
    I think those are the words of a card carrying commie! As far as NASCAR anyway... make AASCAR if you want. There were several other Stock car associations before, that have all gone by the wayside and you are saying...

"My house isn't big enough or warm enough or cool enough or nice enough..... move over I want to live in your house...You still pay the bills by the way."

This is a PRIVATELY owned business venture

Next you'll want all the displacement to be quoted Litres (The European way) and You'll be saying Yugo's should lead the way

Blasphemy!

Feel the Shame TMack... Feel the Shame!
    I agree. It's a shamful thought.
    It's not Americana.
    It's not Mom's Apple Pie and Baseball and waving American Flags.....

But..... what I wanted was..... for it to be a wakeup call.
    It was done with tongue firmly planted in cheek. :-)

(Sheesh they're gonna have to move this to TLR)

The last batch of Ford's I rented were crap with the exception of the Grand Marquis. The Chevy's were boring as hell, but they were a tad bit better. The Chrysler stuff was marginal at best. They just don't get it. the lot of them :-(
    The only thing worse than any of them was the KIA and Hyundai. Pure junk.
    -TMack

"Forgive everyone for everything"

Nascar is the worst form of racing of all time (besides lawn mower races) so I could give a crap if it falls the way side.

Maybe if Nascar starts losing money the drivers will move to real racing associations.

I remember the good ole' days when they used real American stock cars. Those days are gone and so is NASCAR..............

I think Toyota starts racing NASCAR this yr. I'm hooked
    on F1. Just love the rides and the sounds of extreme
    RPMS..Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsoul View Post
    Nascar is the worst form of racing of all time (besides lawn mower races) so I could give a crap if it falls the way side.

Maybe if Nascar starts losing money the drivers will move to real racing associations.

the worst form of racing is those stupid rice rockets with rediculous fart cans and wings running up and down the street.

nascar is racing like any other kind of racing. it's too hard for you to do so don't try and act superior.

who would go watch a race on a road course? you see some cars go by, wait a while, see them go by again, what the hell is the point?

it's equivalent to going to a baseball game and only watching the center fielder. you'd have to be half retarded to even buy a ticket to do that.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

Dirt is for racing...asphalt is for sissies!
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

^^ God bless Dakar.