Vista and NF4 RAID

Hi guys, I did a search of the forums and couldn't find any recent posts about this.

Has anyone done a clean install of the final released version of Vista on an nForce 4 RAID setup? With RC2, the only way to get Vista running on NF4 RAID was to perform an upgrade install from within XP. Thanks!

Re: Vista and NF4 RAID

My RC2 installed straight up on my RAID.

Strange, maybe it was RC1 that I tried then. So no floppy or driver disk and you were good to go? Sweet! I might just go ahead and grab Home Premium OEM at $140 CDN then. Any other NF4 based people out there care to comment? Thanks!
    AMD Opteron 170 @2.75GHz
    Thermalright XP-90C w/92mm Vantec Tornado
    Thermaltake Armor Case
    DFI NF4 ULTRA-D
    OCZ EB PC4000 2x1024MB Platinum
    ATI Radeon X1900XT
    2xWD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA2 WD2500KS in RAID 0
    XFi XtremeMusic
    Logitech 5300e 5.1 THX
    Viewsonic VX922 LCD
    Fortron Epsilon 600W PSU

Vista RC2 wouldn't see my raid array without drivers. I found some drivers online and loaded them with a thumb drive. After that it loaded well. Would still be using it if all my progs worked correctly....had issues with my networked drives dropping out and some games wouldn't work right....so back to XP. Won't be buying Vista for quite a while

Quote Originally Posted by Plodkiller View Post
    Vista RC2 wouldn't see my raid array without drivers. I found some drivers online and loaded them with a thumb drive. After that it loaded well. Would still be using it if all my progs worked correctly....had issues with my networked drives dropping out and some games wouldn't work right....so back to XP. Won't be buying Vista for quite a while
    Hmm that's not good, especially considering that we practically have the same mobo. Anyone know what the status is on this in the final version of Vista?
    AMD Opteron 170 @2.75GHz
    Thermalright XP-90C w/92mm Vantec Tornado
    Thermaltake Armor Case
    DFI NF4 ULTRA-D
    OCZ EB PC4000 2x1024MB Platinum
    ATI Radeon X1900XT
    2xWD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA2 WD2500KS in RAID 0
    XFi XtremeMusic
    Logitech 5300e 5.1 THX
    Viewsonic VX922 LCD
    Fortron Epsilon 600W PSU