Vista... Something to consider before upgrading

Found these articles of interest before making the vista plunge

Where are my NVIDIA Drivers for Vista?

"NVIDIA not being ready for DX10, Vista, and SLI is a low blow to enthusiasts and gamers that spend the big bucks, and they will remember that for a while

“World-class support” should be a minimum expectation, not just a marketing tag line

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==

Logitech, Creative, NVIDIA driver disgrace

"Guess that Vista upgrade is just going to have to wait -- either that, or I upgrade my hardware to something compatible and vow never to buy Logitech, Creative or NVIDIA ever again!"

http://www.apcstart.com/5215/waiting_for_vista

Re: Vista... Something to consider before upgrading

It's not like they didn't have what, 4 years or so to come up with some working Vista drivers! Oh well, Vista Shmista. I'm a long way off from getting it.

Agreed. Check out the article I wrote on gaming performance for more on the NVIDIA / ATI drivers with Vista.
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmakr View Post
    Found these articles of interest before making the vista plunge

Where are my NVIDIA Drivers for Vista?

"NVIDIA not being ready for DX10, Vista, and SLI is a low blow to enthusiasts and gamers that spend the big bucks, and they will remember that for a while

“World-class support” should be a minimum expectation, not just a marketing tag line

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==

Logitech, Creative, NVIDIA driver disgrace

"Guess that Vista upgrade is just going to have to wait -- either that, or I upgrade my hardware to something compatible and vow never to buy Logitech, Creative or NVIDIA ever again!"

http://www.apcstart.com/5215/waiting_for_vista
    Very interesting read, as a 7950GX2, Creative X-Fi and logitech G5 and G15 owner i'm exactly in that boat. Add to that my issues with getting Vista to recongise my Intel ICHR8 raid i'm sticking firmly with XP for now, though i'd love to switch to Vista it simply is not possible right now
    Main: always changing see my system tab.

HTPC: C2D 4500@stock||2*1Gb Corsair 6400C4@stock||Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H Nvidia 630i Motherboard||Onboard HDMI output||||Silverstone GD02 case||Silver NT05 CPU Cooler||hauppauge HVR-1300||Seagate 7200.10 500Gb HDD||Pioneer DVR215BK||Windows 7 Professional x86

Windows Home Server||2*1Gb PC6400||C2D 6300@ stock|| 3*750 GB Samsung HD753LJ Spinpoint F1

I woudn't have upgraded to Vista if I only had one computer that's for sure.

This reminds me back when XP first came out. Back then most people still said to stick with Win98SE for most gaming as XP was iffy with some old games, but as months passed by support for those games were fixed. Nothing but same-old, same-old. Just wait until fall when nVidia should come out with budget DX10 cards.

hmm loaded my RC1 and having some issues...surprise.

1st when ever the PC goes into power saver mode and shuts off the monitor. When it comes back it is black with just the mouse pointer visable. The rest of the screen is just a faint image and can't seem to find out how to get it back without re-boot. X1950 pro and vista driver.

2) Creative sound blaster. Can hear everything ok but can't get the mic to work.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.