Monarch Computer

Hey everyone. long time no see..

was wondering if anyone know what happened to monarch computers? I'm sure its old news now, but i just went to visit there site for the 1st time in a long time. Use to buy a lot from them in the past and now i guess they are out of business..

anyone know of some good company's the sell mobo combos like monarch did?

TIA.

Re: Monarch Computer

Hey BD. Good to see ya prowling around.
    There have been a couple of threads about Monarch and what I read
    isnt positive.[the Trading Mods can supply info via pm perhaps]
    But Ill be curious myself for sources for MB Combo deals.

Are the combos from Tigerdirect not good? As for Monarch, good riddance, but they never refunded me for the Opteron 165 they never shipped.

Ive never bought from Tiger Direct...but Ive seen them and their catalog forever.
    Didnt someone mention[one time or another] the Egg as selling combos?

Hey Palm...thanks. They seem to have a pretty fair selection [Tiger Direct]
    I might not have thought about them.

Also BullDog another search

http://www.pricewatch.com/motherboard_combos/
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 02-03-2007 at 04:07 PM.

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Sp...listType=combo

Some folks have little trouble with Tiger, but be leery of the rebate promos. Others have complained that they will ship obviouly "Open Box" items to you and yet others complain of their customer service

Tiger Direct

Homepage: http://www.tigerdirect.com
    Overall Customer Satisfaction RatingSix-Month Rating: 4.37 / 10 Six-Month Reviews: 189Lifetime Reviews: 4248

Lifetime Rating: 6.75 / 10All Stores Avg.: 7.07
    Show Category Ratings 6.32Pricing of Products and Services4.11Likelihood of Future Purchases5.52Shipping and Packaging2.77Customer Service3.46Return or Replacement
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

I checked one joint that came up at Pricewatch. I clicked Asus...and found these guys. I didnt look too deeply but at least I saw selection and for the most part good reviews

http://www.smksuperstore.com/catalog...m.asp?ID=13631

I've bought a few things from TigerDirect now and haven't been burned yet. I bought a Seagate 160gb HD from them last year for $19.97 AR! The rebate did come but it took almost 4 months. Very slow but a good deal nonetheless. I recently bought a Sempron 3000+ from them that had a $40 rebate. I'll be sure to post here if or when they burn me on the rebate. I expect a long wait again though, but I'll wait for a $10 processor.

PS, Bulldog, the "Babes" thread is calling your name.
    Last edited by kbohip; 02-03-2007 at 05:34 PM.

i've done the combo thing at egg, tdirect and fry's . some with rebates and w/o with no problems.

the thing to watch for is trying to do a cheap build on the rest of the hardware, ie mem or psu. a lot of people had trouble with td's ultra ram. for a good psu you pay out the ... .

I've bought a few things from TigerDirect now and haven't been burned yet. I bought a Seagate 160gb HD from them last year for $19.97 AR! The rebate did come but it took almost 4 months. Very slow but a good deal nonetheless. I recently bought a Sempron 3000+ from them that had a $40 rebate. I'll be sure to post here if or when they burn me on the rebate. I expect a long wait again though, but I'll wait for a $10 processor.
    time flies, probably 2 years now but my rebate came surpizingly quick. hope you see the same. damn, my cpu cost me $20!

ud
    Last edited by uddarts; 02-03-2007 at 05:40 PM.

Thanks guys..

Not a fan tiger direct.. always thought there prices where higher then most and they didnt seem to to have a big selection.. maybe I'll take a look at them again.

I know mwave has combos but never bought any.. so i might give them a try too. I've bought other things from them and they have been pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    PS, Bulldog, the "Babes" thread is calling your name.

LOL.. Can't play there anymore.. got my own babe to play with. I'm Married now, so i need to be a good boy. besides it looks like its doing good without me.