Nvidia new driver for Vista

I just noticed that Nvidia has removed or moved old folder with Vista Beta drivers for motherboard as it seem it nearly ready to release full version driver for Vista x86 and x64 soon -- keep check on Nvidia website or motherboard driver to download.. I didnt install Vista until I get motherboard drivers first cos I dont want to use the Beta version, rather to wait for full version driver.

Re: Nvidia new driver for Vista

Ive just installed WIndows Vista Ultimate and Nvidia NF4 Ultra driver for motherboard - it went very smooth - no problems at all, I used x64 and I noticed there are 2 Program Folders files for x64 and x86 as it direction itself when you install any software, it does work both preferly... I dont have any error message, also my PC score is 4.8... seem very good also very smooth with Aero Glass.. nice desktop... I used the OEM version and activation went through completed. One thing is Firefox 2 is x86 but does work on Ultimate x64...

The NForce4 Vista x86 and x64 Drivers are FINALLY available on Nvidia's site now. They put them up late last night even though they are dated Feb. 5th.

Driver version 15.00

I haven't had a chance to try them out, hopefully someone here will post any results.

I personally haven't had too many Vista issues. I got hit hard by a Virus initially and had to re-install but that's about it. Vista boots faster than XP did for me and doesn't seem to have shut down issues.

I am hoping that the Nforce drivers improve disk performance a bit and give me my Gigabit networking back..

That what Ive download last night as it worked prefer - if you use Yukon for LAN RJ45 then download from Mavell website but the RJ45 chipset already supported under Vista driver that worked fine -- I didnt install Marvell driver, it went smooth as I just installed NF4 drivers for motherboard (x64 I used)

also Boot up and shutdown are same faster - I dont used RAID for hard drive, only the orange port ( directly from NF4 chipset) for SATA-II. it work prefer for me.... I used Maxtor Maxiblast 4 to format hard drive by using Windows XP as select then reformatted again during Vista installation to convert from FAT32 to NTFS -- it took between 15-19 mins to completed installation.

my comuter has shutdown after sitting for a while? vista premium

shutdown? you mean wont wake up?

perhaps disable turning off the display and the sleep mode

its in the power options in the control panel

Do you mean you just shutdown + switch off or just sleep mode like leave for wee while and wake up later? mine in Ultimate x64 seem fine in Boot up, shutdown and sleep mode that still running quicker....