Cant install Vista!

I will get right into the problem. So I have a 250gb seagate SATA (ST3250620AS) with three partitions drive C for Windows 2000 profesional, drive d for vista and drive x for data.

So how would I go about doing that if I dont want to lose my data? I have a sil 3112 sata controller. The driver for it works with Win2000, but when I try it with vista, it shows up but says that I need an upgraded version. Any ideas?

Re: Cant install Vista!

The 3112 Vista drivers don't work?

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/...tid=2&osid=10&

Thank You but no that driver did not work. At the point when it sees all of the partitions and asks for a SATA driver, when I give it the floppy. It does not show the drivers as capatible with the hardware untill you uncheck the capabitlity box. The issue of it not showing the compatible list happens for all of the drivers I have tried. I also get some sort of error about an entry point. Then after that it tells me that I need an updated version of the driver.

By the way the version I have is an upgrade version and I did it ok on an XP machine where I did not enter the key at first and then reinstalled from vista to vista and it worked fine. I took it off of the XP machine because the computer is not powerful enough and now I want to do the same to the other computer. I doubt it but could this be connected?

Again thank you for all the help.
    Last edited by Brother Ali; 02-07-2007 at 01:51 AM.

Anyone know?

got another hard drive controller that will work with the hard drive?

No I dont. All I have is the built in hard drive controller.

Lemme copy this to the guys at Storage Forum. So look there also for replies.

Gigabyte 890XA UD3, Phenom II X6 1090T,4Ghz 2600nb w/Corsair H50, 2x2GB and 2x4GB GSKILL FLARE 1800Mhz DDR3, PNY GTX570, OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB SSD, Intel X25 80GB SSD, Klipsch ProMedia 4.1, ASUS DVDRW, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair 650W Professional series, Hanspree 26" widescreen, Cyborg R.A.T 5/Cyborg Gaming keyboard, Win7 64 Ultimate

Thank You Jim I will keep an eye out there as well. Thanks AMD Fanatic but that link was givin and it does not fix the problem.