Dual SATA2 Vista drivers?

So here's my issue:

I've got a ASRock dual-sata2 motherboard (non-VSTA), and I've been faced with the following issue since day one: my mobo drivers CD doesn't work. I don't get the option to install anything via the autorun applet. If I try to do it manually, I get a "Uli not found" error. Luckily, Vista is good enough to have its own LAN drivers, so I can still connect (but what about the other stuff??). The thing is, every time I reboot my system, I have connection troubles. I know it's not the modem or router because my 360 signs into the internet just fine. Of course after a few minutes of trying Vista's solutions, the issue "gets resolved" and all is good. I've scoured the ASRock site for vista drivers, but can't seem to find any. Will there be some in the future? I did find the 2.30 BIOS update (I still have 2.20); will that make a difference?
    POST NO BILLS

Re: Dual SATA2 Vista drivers?

I don't think theres a single driver on any Asrock setup I've ever owned I don't think I ever use the "provided drivers" I tend to head straight to the source. As for Vista I'm not going near it with a ten foot pole for at least a year. I do know there are a couple fellas here that do run Vista, heard of one issue with LAN drivers but it was resolved.
    I've monkeyed with Vista on friends boxes and really can't see much more than eye Candy. XP for me for the time being but I think a year down the road might still be too early. Good luck keep us posted.
    DFI T2RS, Q9450@3.4, 2X1gig Ballistix, EVGA 460GTX
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3L, Q6600@3.2Ghz, OCZ 6400 DDR2, EVGA 9850
    ASUS P5K-E WiFi, Q6600@3.2ghz, 2X1gig Mushkin XP2 6400 DDR2, EVGA 260GTX
    ASUS P5Q-Pro Turbo, Q9450@3.4Ghz, 2X1gig Mushkin HP 6400 DDR2 EVGA 9850
    ASUS P5K Prem WiFi Q9450@3.4Ghz, 2X2gb OCZ DDR2 800, MSI 460GTX Cyclone
    Gigabyte EP35-DS3R, Q6600 , 2X1gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, EVGA 9800GT
    ASUS P5K Prem WiFi Q9450@3.4Ghz 2X2gb OCZ DDR2 800, Asus 9850GTX
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3R, Q6600@3.2Ghz, 2X1gb Corsair XMS 12-4-4-4, BFG9850GTX
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3L, Q9450@3.4, 2X1gb Corsair XMS 12-4-4-4, BFG9850GTX

I have the same probs, did you find a solution yet?

I have heard that the LAN driver for Vista here has worked for some:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...39Dual-VSTA&s=

Make sure you get the Vista LAN driver.
    i5 2500k @ 4.8
    ASUS P8Z68 -V Pro Gen3
    Corsair H80
    8GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
    Antec P 280
    Corsiar HX750 PS
    LG SATA HD/DVD Blu Ray-drive

I also remember reading here just recently about someone who used drivers from Dell so they must have a box on the market that contains the same LAN chip. To be honest non of the Vista driver issues surprise me. Thats exactly why I'm avoiding Vista for at least a year. Whenever an OS is released theres always a lot of ripples in the pond. What Version are you running 32 or 64 bit?
    DFI T2RS, Q9450@3.4, 2X1gig Ballistix, EVGA 460GTX
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3L, Q6600@3.2Ghz, OCZ 6400 DDR2, EVGA 9850
    ASUS P5K-E WiFi, Q6600@3.2ghz, 2X1gig Mushkin XP2 6400 DDR2, EVGA 260GTX
    ASUS P5Q-Pro Turbo, Q9450@3.4Ghz, 2X1gig Mushkin HP 6400 DDR2 EVGA 9850
    ASUS P5K Prem WiFi Q9450@3.4Ghz, 2X2gb OCZ DDR2 800, MSI 460GTX Cyclone
    Gigabyte EP35-DS3R, Q6600 , 2X1gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, EVGA 9800GT
    ASUS P5K Prem WiFi Q9450@3.4Ghz 2X2gb OCZ DDR2 800, Asus 9850GTX
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3R, Q6600@3.2Ghz, 2X1gb Corsair XMS 12-4-4-4, BFG9850GTX
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3L, Q9450@3.4, 2X1gb Corsair XMS 12-4-4-4, BFG9850GTX

Not sure what drivers you needed. I installed Vista Ultimate yesterday and the only drivers I needed to install were for my sound and video card, Vista already had working drivers for everything else,

including a driver for the JMicron SATAII port. The only one I don't know about is the SATA ports, as I don't have them enabled ATM.

running vista now on my dual sata2

1 - processing lag on some tasks such as skipping to diff point in playing mp3 in wmp takes a sec to process.
    2 - more cpu power required to move windows scroll browser window etc. The reason why this is shocking is because vistas desktop supposedbly uses hardware acceleration vs xps software acceleration.
    3 - idle cpu in vista with just the desktop hovers around 5% vs xp 0-1%.
    4 - idle ram usage is over 400meg memory and is now 700meg with just 2 IE7 windows, wmp and mirc open.
    5 - network card using built in drivers and seems ok but I have to load a web page to make it active starts of in disconnected limited state on bootup.
    6 - sata starts in ide compatbility mode, installed drivers from asrock site and now shows as sata controller in device manager, however under ide controllers I see uli m5229 pci ide busmaster controller which is the pata controller but above it I also see standard dual pci ide controller what is this? sata2 controller?
    7 - had to install drivers for my creative card which work but volume is very low.
    8 - my nvidia 7600gt now has drivers built in which is nice as no built in drivers in xp
    9 - usb, gart, nic etc. all installed by default. Default nic driver is newer version then beta on asrock website.

Overall I would call the board compatible with vista, the only thing that doesnt seem to have support out of the box is the sata interfaces but do work in a compatability mode and have drivers available for download.

My personal opinion of vista is I am not going to use it as my production os it is slower then XP, uses alot more cpu power and a bit more memory usage, but the main reason I dont like it is I find it much more combersome to use, explorer is way over complicated now, it was much harder to configure my nic interface having to wrestle my way through at least 3 pages to get to the nic settings, it all seems overly bloated, setting display settings is no longer in a all in one panel all seperate panels and there is no longer an option to disable hardware functions on my gfx card the option is disabled, also the nvidia legacy control panel is gone only the new one is available now. The right click menu that nvidia had in the sytem tray is also gone so no quick way of adjusting resolution etc. The volume control no longer allows me to adjust seperatly for line in mic etc. just master volume control and wave control unless its hidden away somewhere.

The way microsoft have changed the interface layout massively is going to put many people off, staff in business would need to be retrained on how to use windows due to the new layouts, simply browsing a hardrive is now more complex then before and needs to be, removing run from the start menu by default, all things like that, IE7 of course as we already know has a new layout as well. On my XP version of IE7 I enabled the tweak in the registry which moved the menu bar back to the top. It took me about 20 minutes to find the menu in WMP11 so I can adjust options and skin etc. (clue: accessible at the bottom) When people say vista is eye candy it mainly is, the only other major new feature is the higher default security settings with UAC and windows defender added.

I will continue to play with it on dual boot but XP will remain my main os for a while.

Sorry to add, I installed nvidias own whql drivers as well but they are slower then the M$ drivers with desktop more jerky etc. I will try the nvidia beta drivers next which are newer then their whql if they not better then will go back to the M$ drivers.
    Last edited by Chrysalis; 03-08-2007 at 03:48 AM.

did you test the memory for problem?