Work log/ over 4 months in the making

I lost a few pics along the way, but here's a few of my build that took from Oct to Feb thanks in part to faulty diagnosis and a doa psu

It's running stable at 2.1ghz w/ 1.5gb of ram, had to tweak the hell out of the 9600xt to keep it from crashing, turns out it's got lots of known problems. 800gb of internal storage~for now.

this is the only one I have of the original cable management

I added some fans to the back, and a 120mm filter vent in front of the cpu area in the desk cabinet

For the fan bus I used this speaker connection from a dvd player I was throwing out, It was a pain to figure out the 7v 12v switch but w/ help got it working correctly, nearly silent at 7v. radio shack was no help at all but Annirak I found out the SPST single pole single throw switch radio shack sold me (I told him specifically what I wanted to do w/ it) needed to be a SPD(ouble)T. lost the pic, but mounted it all inside of a 5 1/2" cd case I gutted for this purpose.

I used a 4 1/2 hole saw to make a blow hole in the top

I used a jig saw to turn a cd spool into a 120mm vent for the cpu side fan

I took the 3 pin adapter that came w/ the fan and soldered it into the rear exhaust wiring

Re: Work log/ over 4 months in the making

I wrecked the drive cage to get a drive mounted on the side, w/ thubscrews

here it is finished

I used a rubberized automotive undercoating to paint the inside of the case and back of the mobo tray, inside of the panels etc. Don't know if it does anything for silencing since I only had 2 fans b4 and now have 7

Here' the glass lapped hs I got from krazefinn

and the unlocked 2500 barton

The first piece of acrylic was 1/8" and cracked very easily, I replaced it w/ 1/4 for $12 from a local glass store, but had to cover up the mess I made by putting the first one in diagonally, I used some RCA's but don't love it.

Part ot the cable mgt was to tuck an extra set of molex' on the back side of the psu the rest went through the holes I made in the mobo tray w/ a unibit.

I added a filter in front of the 80mm intake fans

I have a child proof lock on the cabinet to keep the little ones out, and keep it propped open for ventilation, I keep it wide open when I'm in front of it.

This thing used to be biege, it sits on top of the UPS

This one's just for Mike, cuz he's always commenting my desk is too clean, I tore this thing down and built it up at least a dozen times while modding it. I used anti static bags a few times

I considered led's but just went w/ some UV lights

Here's my desk all cleaned up again

and here's the new toy the wife bought w/ her profit sharing check today 8-) gotta get some cables to run the pc to it

nice . old school
    cable managemnt is quite good
    i saw my pops while i was in toronto,dude still keeps a p3 for whatever.i opened it up and o man. i took the dust out with pliers.seriously.replaced the minimal cpu fan with an 80mm one. gave it a couple of green lights .looks better.

continue the building !

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

ha ha, and I thought my desk was a mess

dude, you got me beat with the add this and add that, like do you ever stop ?

the final product is really nice, but getting there looked kinda scary ! gratz 2 ya

Quote Originally Posted by RJ_Hythloday View Post
    and here's the new toy the wife bought w/ her profit sharing check today 8-) gotta get some cables to run the pc to it
    Affordable and 50" plasma do not go well in the same room with eachother, if even in the same GALAXY