Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Dating etiquette?

I normally pay for everything whether or not I am the one inviting. But a question has come up. If your girlfriend were to invite you, I wouldn't expect her to pay for you, but it seems that a friend of mine thinks that the guy should have to pay for the girl even if she was the one that invited him. Mind you, this is in a relationship, not in the first dates.
    So that brings up an interesting question:
    Is it wrong to the gentleman, who always pays because he really wants to, to think that it is wrong for the lady to expect him to pay for her if SHE is the one inviting him somewhere just because he is the guy in the relationship? (This is a couple that doesn't live together, either, so money is not shared.)

Re: Dating etiquette?

IMO, if you are in a relationship and the girl still expects everything paid for, maybe she is a gold digger.
    TForce550se|brisbane3600@2.4ghz|2x1gb|7900gs@550/800

If she invites you, and expects YOU to pay. •••• that bitch.
    Nuke em'.

I'll usually offer to pay regardless of who invited who or whether it's a first date or not. If she insists, let her pay. Just shout her next time.

its ok to pay or not pay...whichever goes the smoothest to be happy and have a good time.

just remember the ultimate rule....

...if she hints about a ring, you catch her looking at rings, etc....RUN AWAY!!!!

edit: on a side note, in today's day and age, an alarmingly large percentage of women would rather skip the "date" for the cash that would have been spent on the date....if you get my drift
    Last edited by StompinRound; 02-25-2007 at 04:34 AM.

I always would pay, but if the girl would ask if she could pay, I would say yes and put away my $$$.

If you're in a relationship with a girl, I don't see anything wrong with her paying sometimes, and I think it's perfectly normal. But she shouldn't pay all the time.

If you're just getting to know a girl though, I would definitely pay no matter what (even if she invited you), that appears very distasteful if you don't.
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

I think it's only fair that the lady pays either for herself or both (if she invites) occassionally.

Quote Originally Posted by ivanmmj View Post
    I normally pay for everything whether or not I am the one inviting. But a question has come up. If your girlfriend were to invite you, I wouldn't expect her to pay for you, but it seems that a friend of mine thinks that the guy should have to pay for the girl even if she was the one that invited him. Mind you, this is in a relationship, not in the first dates.
    So that brings up an interesting question:
    Is it wrong to the gentleman, who always pays because he really wants to, to think that it is wrong for the lady to expect him to pay for her if SHE is the one inviting him somewhere just because he is the guy in the relationship? (This is a couple that doesn't live together, either, so money is not shared.)

personally, if she invited me, i would pay for her... but she would also get the point that im doing it to be nice, and that i dont have to do it.

Every time i have invited a girl out, i have paid for them, and when they have invited me out, we split the check... being the nice gentleman that i am, i tried to pay, but she just got pissed off and wouldnt let me.

Same thing is happening today, ecept i invited her, so i wonder what she will do. I really dont care though because im paying for the whole meal.

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

What's the financial situation? Does she have the ability to "treat" once in a while? On your birthday? Ever?
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

if the girl wants to pay, you should let her. we need to show them that we don't always need to be in control.

Some girls doesn't liked to be bought.
    One way or another, you have to respect them.

It's an generation question as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzo View Post
    Some girls doesn't liked to be bought.
    One way or another, you have to respect them.

It's an generation question as well.

most girls of this generation are idiots.... thank god there is a select few that arent.

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

There's a name for girls that would 'like to be bought'. I don't think I'd call that 'dating' though.

well,just let them pay regardless.if they get angry dump em

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...