Smile Motherboard temps (P5N-E Sli)

Ok I bought my new rig and finally got the memory stable. Now for a quick question. For every board I have owned to date the CPU was always hotter than the motherboard. On this new system, the motherboard is consistently the hotter reading. Under load the CPU will hit 36 and the motherboard will get up to 40. Is that normal for these newer faster boards or is it possible that the NB heatsink is not set right? I find it interesting that ASUS did not put a fan on the NB and that there is not even a heatsink on the SB. My system specs are below:

...and thanks for any input

Coolermaster Preatorian 730
    OCZ Modular 450 Watt (I know more would be better but I maxed out the plastic on other parts)
    Asus P5N-E SLi
    E6600
    BFG 8800 GTS OC 320MB
    OCZ 667 MHZ Value Pro
    Audogy 2 ZS
    Western Digital 320 GB Sata 2
    LG DVDRW

Re: Motherboard temps (P5N-E Sli)

That sounds about right. My P5N32-E Sli Plus displays similiar temps for the motherboard.
    Mine idles at 36 and loads at 39. Seems like kind of a low reading for the NB in my opinion.
    I know under a load my NB cooler gets hot enough to burn my fingers. That's gotta be hotter then 39c.
    I'm not sure where the sensor is on the board that is giving it this reading, but I bet it is not the NB.

I know that I'm going to attach some added cooling to my NB anyway....no such thing as to cool.
    Probably wouldn't hurt you to put at least a passive cooler on the SB as well as a NB fan.
    Peace

WannaGoFast

Re: Motherboard temps (P5N-E Sli)

Gosh...I hate to add fans to this thing. For once in my life I actually have a quiet computer. I can hear my LCD humming