GA-7DX Auto Recovery disable/bypass

Hi all,

I have a Gigabyte GA-7DX board that I've been having trouble booting. I've swapped the RAM over and it now boots - however, it boots into the autorecovery console and asks for the bios file from a floppy. Is there a way of bypassing this? I've tried inserting a floppy with the bios file but it just says "error loading file".

Prior to this, the system has been running fine, I'm not aware of any failed bios-flashing either. I can't find any jumpers on the board to disable it, and I can't get in to the bios.

If I can bypass or disable the auto recovery or someone could point me in the direction of a working bios file, that would be appreciated!

Cheers

Re: GA-7DX Auto Recovery disable/bypass

Some part of the bios is failing, I would suggest trying to reflashing the bios, see if the problem persists if so then the bios may be gone. To my knowledge there is no jumper or setting to bypass what your experiencing.

WC

Knowledge is SCARY,Stupidity is REALLY frightening.

Re: GA-7DX Auto Recovery disable/bypass

Thanks for the reply. I think the board is indeed dead, on it's first boot it got to the initial NEC branding screen, the next time it was the auto recovery, and now it isn't booting at all, no beeps or anything.

Time of death...18:00